Grunt tube icing up

What are you all using for your tube in cold weather? I’ve been through three grunt tubes now and I’m about to pull the trigger on an extinguisher. Everything I have has frozen up and damaged the reeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Extinguisher freezes up too if you don't tuck it, fyi.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
D
Extinguisher freezes up too if you don't tuck it, fyi.

So I guess my actual question is, what tube, in the event your tube freezes, is most durable. Extinguishers claims it’s no issue in one of there promo vids just move the adjustment and it’ll be fine. Ya Normally I tuck my tubes but, holding them even for a bit they can freeze up, and the last couple brands have not held up

bsnedeker

WKR
So I guess my actual question is, what tube, in the event your tube freezes, is most durable. Extinguishers claims it’s no issue in one of there promo vids just move the adjustment and it’ll be fine. Ya Normally I tuck my tubes but, holding them even for a bit they can freeze up, and the last couple brands have not held up

It's the best I've used by far. Moving the reed position can loosen it up but not always in my experience in Minnesota.

Broomd

WKR
Agreed! Although my wife lays on the bleat can and grunt tube like no one I've ever seen and damn, she kills she good 'uns. I'm too worried I'll spook deer to cut loose on 'em like she does.

Agree with tucking it into your jacket or coat. If you don’t want to deal with that movement, run a hot pack in a waist hand warmer/muff. Works great!

i use dual calls and have had pretty good luck in sub 30 temps. but as others say keep in your pocket. this is the only call i had mature bucks grunt back too

OP
D
I borrowed an extinguisher this week and did a sit in 4 degree weather, I never had a problem the whole time. Time to put my gift card to use.

blt348

FNG
Move the adjustment slide with the extinguisher to minimize freezing/stuck reeds. Does happen every now and then but it’s a quick fix