Guess I’m missing something

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
  1. To begin with, I’m an Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager for a major corporation here in the states. In a nutshell it’s my job to look out for the safety and well being for our employees and I stay pretty in tune to the latest from OSHA, DHEC, and so on. I honestly did not see COVID 19 creating mass chaos that I have witnessed in this past week. It’s not just the toilet paper but I actually needed to do some grocery shopping and what I witnessed was short of the apocalypse. People were raking canned goods into buggies without really even seeing what product they were getting. In this particular store, there was one 2lb bag of rice and one 5 lb bag of flour left. Then today I ran into Cabelas since we were close and they didn’t have a single box of 9mm ammo. That portion of the shelf was completely bare. A guy passing by told me that he was stocking up on ammo so the he could get toilet paper if needed. Maybe I’ve missed some world ending news or I’m just that naive. Is that happening in your towns as well? Dazed and confused....

Diesel

WKR
If this all turns out to be not much, it will make it hard to believe the next crisis is real.

It is truly amazing to witness the news from the cities. I can hardly imagine how these folks would react to a full on, always fatal scenario.

I have to say though, out here in the sticks the dollar stores are still fully stocked. Panic is still not visible here.... yet.

I think the death toll is still under 100 in the U.S.

FLAK

WKR
The people will be more dangerous than the virus.
Imagine if things really DID get bad?
Still not really crazy here in S. Bama.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
The media isn't helping this out in anyway.
People have no idea what they would need to do if there was a real need for rationing or problem getting something to live on for a period of time.
They've been so spoiled and most have turned into big pussies and wimps, they don't know a nothing about being prepared for a hard times or going without.
They buy TP instead of buying products to provide the needs to the body.
I have no sympathy for these people and really don't care if they make it through this bump in the road we're going through, just maybe some of them will learn from this but I really doubt they will

AKDoc

WKR
There are countless events throughout history and every day life which seem to support a conclusion that we humans are an incredibly over-rated species...and yet there are also countless examples of great beauty and good.

Clearly we are a highly diverse species...

MtnOyster

WKR
  1. To begin with, I’m an Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager for a major corporation here in the states. In a nutshell it’s my job to look out for the safety and well being for our employees and I stay pretty in tune to the latest from OSHA, DHEC, and so on. I honestly did not see COVID 19 creating mass chaos that I have witnessed in this past week. It’s not just the toilet paper but I actually needed to do some grocery shopping and what I witnessed was short of the apocalypse. People were raking canned goods into buggies without really even seeing what product they were getting. In this particular store, there was one 2lb bag of rice and one 5 lb bag of flour left. Then today I ran into Cabelas since we were close and they didn’t have a single box of 9mm ammo. That portion of the shelf was completely bare. A guy passing by told me that he was stocking up on ammo so the he could get toilet paper if needed. Maybe I’ve missed some world ending news or I’m just that naive. Is that happening in your towns as well? Dazed and confused....
Man since you didn’t get the memo I’ll fill you in but don’t tell nobody...

MEMO
9mm ammo for toilet paper
AR15 ammo for paper towels
RPG ammo for towel wipes
M1 Abrams tank ammo if you are gonna need diapers
anything else and your on your own...

Wapiti1

WKR
It was ridiculous here yesterday. One friend of mine had a bale of TP in her cart, not prepping, just normal monthly shopping, and a lady snatched it out of her cart and took off with it.

Today we ran into town for a few odds and ends, and I needed epoxy to build up some new arrows. Today was totally normal. The only thing missing at the store was milk. Most everything else was in the normal state of too much crap and not great produce.

Jeremy

ODB

WKR
Chatted with a friend of mine in spokane who could not find TP in 4 different stores. Out here, 3000 miles away, I drove past a truck with its tailgate down...what did I see? Nothing but Dr Pepper and ....TP...