Guide Gloves

tstowater

WKR
I see that KUIU must have gotten a shipment of guide gloves as I got an email saying that my preordered gloves were going to ship. One more thing from KUIU and the sleeping bag from Kifaru and I will have all my backordered items.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
They said they were expecting the gloves this week, looks like they got them in. Mine are on their way as well!

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
I don't even see their gloves in the online store anymore.

I would call the company. The gloves might be back ordered enough that they don't want to show them available. I called a while back to order something else and just put the gloves on pre-order. Demand seems to be outstripping suppy. Doesn't help the customer when they have a use for the product before availability.

I have a lot of Kuiu stuff but I haven't convinced myself that $60 is worth it for gloves. Are they really worth it?

I have a lot of Kuiu stuff but I haven't convinced myself that $60 is worth it for gloves. Are they really worth it?

My thoughts exactly. Ive gotten by with $20 gloves for years... I did borrow a pair of Sitka gloves last year and they were pretty sweet! Just don't think I could justify that much for gloves at this point.

Mike

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider

Without a doubt in my opinion. Its the only brand of gloves that i havent blown out within a few weeks. mine are nearly a year old and still going strong.

No. I bought them last year on sale and wasn't impressed. They may be durable, but they retained almost no heat for me, especially when wet. I suppose it depends on what purpose you intend to use them for? But if you are just looking for gloves that won't wear out there are some much cheaper options at the hardware store.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Guide gloves showed up this morning. Nice. I ordered XL based on size concerns. I'm not sure that I needed XL's, but they will work. These will replace the Sitka ones that I bought years ago. Since they are uninsulated, I probably am going to want something heavier to back up for colder weather, unless I can get a liner in them.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got mine as well. I got the XL's based on the size chart. They are a little too big in the knuckle area and snug on the finger length. I think they will work though.

ckleeves

WKR
I just got mine as well. I got the XL's based on the size chart. They are a little too big in the knuckle area and snug on the finger length. I think they will work though.

The finger length on the guide gloves is very odd, I don't have monster hands and with a XL I could use another 3/4'' of glove in every finger but the pinky.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
The finger length on the guide gloves is very odd, I don't have monster hands and with a XL I could use another 3/4'' of glove in every finger but the pinky.

Yea I agree with the fingers being odd lengths. I think once they get the sizing a little better these will be SWEET.

One thing I'll ask of those buying or using these gloves, why do you feel you need them? If they aren't warm, then are gloves really needed? Only time i bring gloves is late Sept when temps start dropping and to keep my hands warm during glassing...

Mike

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I'll ask of those buying or using these gloves, why do you feel you need them? If they aren't warm, then are gloves really needed? Only time i bring gloves is late Sept when temps start dropping and to keep my hands warm during glassing...

Mike

Honestly, I can see myself using these for waterfowl hunting more than I will big game. I think they feel warm enough and they are thin enough to where I can still use my calls along with shooting my shotgun. I can also see using them early mornings glassing like you said or if the weather turns nasty. I am not a big fan of gloves at all, but when its in the low teens and single digits and your setting up laydown blinds & decoys in a corn field you HAVE to have gloves! I have gone through several pairs over the years doing this. Some worked well but didn't last, others just flat out sucked. If these dont work out then I guess Ill have something to contribute to the "Bad Gear" thread ;-)

Lawnboi

WKR
My thoughts on gloves are this.... there never going to be as good as your pockets or mittens. I ordered a pair of these to use when glassing and hiking when its chillier.

Im hoping there big enough that i can fit a sitka merino liner in them when it gets a little colder. For that reason i ordered one size up.

It was either these or sitka jetstream gloves, which i thought were pretty good feeling last year. I just need something to keep my hands warm and covered when glassing and hiking..... but i need a little more dexterity than a big puffy glove or mittens.

One thing that I am wondering is how good the quality will be, seems these are one of the few kuiu pieces that are made overseas

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Just got my gloves. They feel nice. Same quality as all the other kuiu pieces that i own. I am glad i upsized to accomidate a liner glove. Thinking sitka merino liner in these will be the ticket for when the temp really drops and i still need dexterity.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
I am borderline L/XL, so I ordered the XL. From what I read on the KUIU site is that they are made bigger this time. I can wear a liner glove in mine and will take the liner on a hunt. Since I am inside all the time, it takes a while to acclimate to the cold and I want to keep my options open on handwear. I like the gloves otherwise.