Guide lid on Stryker ( pics? )

Does anyone run the guide lid on their Stryker. If so would you mind sharing a picture.

Thanks!

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a pile of pics of the guide lid but misty on the Fulcrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strongarm

FNG
Been curious about this, too. @dietter700, did anyone ever share any pics?

How is the Stryker/Stryker XL with a Kifaru Guide Lid and/or Organizer Guide Lid? The Guide Lid seems like it would be a good way to add some much-needed cubic inches to the Stryker platform for bulky colder weather gear. The Organizer Guide Lid, however, seems like it would "fold" nicely and have a better lay on the pack when in use. I'm not sure if the smaller main bag handcuffs the intent of the lid, however.

Does anyone have pictures with a Stryker/Stryker XL with one of the Kifaru Guide Lids?

Last edited:
OP
D
Been curious about this, too.

How is the Stryker/Stryker XL with a Kifaru Guide Lid and/or Organizer Guide Lid? The Guide Lid seems like it would be a good way to add some much-needed cubic inches to the Stryker platform for bulky colder weather gear. The Organizer Guide Lid, however, seems like it would "fold" nicely and have a better lay on the pack when in use. I'm not sure if the smaller main bag handcuffs the intent of the lid, however.

Does anyone have pictures with a Stryker/Stryker XL with one of the Kifaru Guide Lids?
I forgot I made this post. I ended up using my guide lid for extra layers and such. It worked great on my stryker. I will definitely use it again in the later season. I did not take pics of it though , sorry.

strongarm

FNG
I forgot I made this post. I ended up using my guide lid for extra layers and such. It worked great on my stryker. I will definitely use it again in the later season. I did not take pics of it though , sorry.
@dietter700 no worries. And thanks for the report. On the surface I wondered if it would be too big/floppy since the lid volume is almost the same as that of the pack. But in practice with a load it is probably less likely to flop. I’m trying to decide between a guide lid as I think the big open pocket will be best for bulky, lighter stuff and that of the organizer guide lid which seems like it will lay better (big pocket on top and small pockets folded over the front of the pack). But I’m not sure how useful the bigger pocket on the OGL is for colder weather stuff, my likely primary use of the lid.

Last edited:
OP
D
@dietter700 no worries. And thanks for the report. On the surface I wondered if it would be too big/floppy since the lid volume is almost the same as that of the pack. But in practice with a load it is probably less likely to flop. I’m trying to decide between a guide lid as I think the big open pocket will be best for bulky, lighter stuff and that of the organizer guide lid which seems like it will lay better (big pocket on top and small pockets folded over the front of the pack). But I’m not sure how useful the bigger pocket on the OGL is for colder weather stuff, my likely primary use of the lid.
It did not flop around at all but I had it jamb packed with puffy stuff and other layers so it was pretty filled up.
I know exactly what you mean between the two options of lids. In perfect world buying both might not be bad idea. I think that the guide lid would be best for packing clothes in it. However the organizer guide lid may be better if you just need extra compartments for storage that is not clothes. Maybe stuff clothes in the main pocket of the styrker and use the organizer lid for other odds and ends.

I think I saw a video of @Jordan Budd using a organizer lid on a styker at one point. I will look for it.