Guide/Outfitter Recommendation for Wasatch Elk

jschaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I may be hunting Utah this fall. CC was hit! Anyone have recommendations for guides/outfitters that know the Wasatch?

swoodard

WKR
I guess that’s one way to find out huh? They hit your card prior to posting results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HUNT

FNG
Congrats on the tag!!! Should be a great hunt for you! I drew a Wasatch tag at the hunt expo. I've had several outfitters contact me that seem to be good options but I think I'm going DIY! Lots of good info out there with a little research.

Strawberry bay outfitters is definitely who I’d look into if going guided on the Wasatch.

+1 Berry blaster is your man. Shoots great bulls.

I've heard of some unethical activities like parking in the middle of the road sideways to block hunters on public land but that's pretty much par for the course in Utah.

Last edited:

trdhunter

WKR
If I was going to hire a guide on that unit, I would definitely go with Strawberry Bay Outfitters. Last year was difficult year and they got some great bulls down. Congrats on the tag and if you go diy I could offer some places to check out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

F250

FNG
I have hunted many times with J & J Outfitters. Jed and Jenni Wayment. Honest , Hard working family business with some excellent ranches and CWMUs.

OP
J

jschaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag!!! Should be a great hunt for you! I drew a Wasatch tag at the hunt expo. I've had several outfitters contact me that seem to be good options but I think I'm going DIY! Lots of good info out there with a little research.

Congrats to you as well. If I had more time to scout and get over there I would likely go DIY. But I have waited a long time to hunt Elk in Utah so I want to make the most of it I think. But it seems that most outfitters simply provide the guide, which means I still have to deal with all the logistics of camp, food, etc.