Guide reserves right to cancel Hunt?

Bozz

FNG
You're rewriting a contract in favor of yourself and passing it off in the best interest of the guide? Not something I'd personally do or consider ethical but hey, to each their own.

OP
J

jerkeejoe

FNG
You're rewriting a contract in favor of yourself and passing it off in the best interest of the guide? Not something I'd personally do or consider ethical but hey, to each their own.

Damn, you caught me! You’re so far off base you’re not even in the right universe.

Just read through the whole thread. Shook my head a couple of times at some of the replies.

All that - Congratulations! That's a nice Bull! Seems that it worked out for everyone. What state?

Makaira

FNG
Congrats!What area and who was the guide?
We leave next week for my dads tag-looking for a 77th birthday bull.He got the tag in late September while in the hospital.

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never before used a guide but decided to hire one for a bull hunt this year because I don’t have the time to adequately scout for elk before the hunt. It’s a difficult tag to get here and I want to make the best possible use of it.

I received the agreement the other day and it contains a provision stating that the guide can cancel the hunt at any time with full refund.

This seems insane to me. Particularly as a lawyer I have incredible difficulty giving the guide carte blanche to cancel the hunt at any time without cause. I’d be screwed if I relied on the guide to do the prep work and scouting and then he cancelled without leaving me time to scout.

Is this a normal provision in a guide agreement?

Jurkee.....Im not sure I would have an issue given the reasons providing we are talking a 'full refund'? Stuff happens....it might just be a typical disclaimer against acts of God, illness, emergencies and the like. Here again, references can shed light on the overall experience and character of an outfitter/ guide.