Guided 2024 Mule Deer Hunt

TheFool

Lil-Rokslider
Me and 2 other buddies are wanting to do a guided 2024 rifle mule deer hunt. We’re looking at outfitters and states but figured I’d ask the rokslide crowd for recommendations. We don’t have any points currently but looking to start buying now for whatever state we select. Any outfitters you guys recommend or don’t recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevek

WKR
I hunted Alberta for two years back in 2006 and 2007. Not sure how much they charge now but both were good hunts and I was successful on both. The buck in avatar was taken up there in 2006. The zones I hunted in had limited NR outfitter tags. You had to hunt with an outfitter and they limited NR tags per zone to keep trophy quality up. The outfitter I hunted with only had 4 total Mule Deer permits and hunting in two zones. He took really good bucks year in and year out. It was limited to a 3 day hunt by regulations back then and think they now can hunt all week. Like most mule deer hunts today, I would guess it will be expensive.

Me and 2 other buddies are wanting to do a guided 2024 rifle mule deer hunt. We’re looking at outfitters and states but figured I’d ask the rokslide crowd for recommendations. We don’t have any points currently but looking to start buying now for whatever state we select. Any outfitters you guys recommend or don’t recommend ?

You might try giving Rob Hardy a call in Arizona (907-355-5291). He's highly recommended.

He offers highly personalized trophy big game hunts and he'll walk you through the permit application process so you can get drawn for a good unit within your two-year time frame.

He'll also block out an entire hunt period (season) especially devoted to you and your buddies, guide you personally, and you'll be the only hunters in camp.

He spends over 320 a year in the backcountry guiding hunters and scouting for trophy big game, so sometimes he's hard to get hold of, but it's well worth it.

If you have any questions you can PM me. Good luck!

OP
T

TheFool

Lil-Rokslider
You might try giving Rob Hardy a call in Arizona (907-355-5291). He's highly recommended.

He offers highly personalized trophy big game hunts and he'll walk you through the permit application process so you can get drawn for a good unit within your two-year time frame.

He'll also block out an entire hunt period (season) especially devoted to you and your buddies, guide you personally, and you'll be the only hunters in camp.

He spends over 320 a year in the backcountry guiding hunters and scouting for trophy big game, so sometimes he's hard to get hold of, but it's well worth it.

If you have any questions you can PM me. Good luck!

Thanks man, I’ll check him out also.

If you are looking for a best opportunity buck, Nebraska isn't bad. If you're looking for a higher quality buck, WY or Arizona are worth a look. Market rate for most reputable guides with high opportunity rates at mature bucks will be between 5500 and 6500 for Mule Deer. Plan on buying 1-2 points for most units.

I’d look hard at Nevada. Buy some points plus they have a guided outfitter draw.

b.purcell

FNG
I’ve got some great mule deer hunts on public/private here in Western Montana. If you buy a preference point this year you should be garunteed to draw in the outfitter pool next year. Great mule deer and whitetail hunting! Shoot me a message for dates and pricing!

Attachments

• 99248AD1-0AAE-4395-AA3D-3B631A7A76E4.jpeg
    99248AD1-0AAE-4395-AA3D-3B631A7A76E4.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 7F04AA8F-6A2B-44C8-8722-E976EEC632F0.jpeg
    7F04AA8F-6A2B-44C8-8722-E976EEC632F0.jpeg
    745.7 KB · Views: 44

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
I’d look hard at Nevada. Buy some points plus they have a guided outfitter draw.

Draw odds for the non-resident guided hunt are pretty awesome. If you all put in for points this year and next year, odds are good you’d end up with group tags in ‘24. Rates for guided group tags in Nevada are typically 4k minimum per hunter, wasn’t sure if that 6k was total or per man. They’re good hunts!!

Attachments

• 21A582BB-D777-478B-AA75-FA67BD9EFD9E.jpeg
    21A582BB-D777-478B-AA75-FA67BD9EFD9E.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 26