Guided Archery Elk

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for an outfitter with high quality archery elk hunt that would be available on a yearly basis. Fair chase is important. I have experience and success on both rifle and archery elk before and have hunted guided and unguided. The current outfitter I have hunted with multiple times before enjoy hunting with unfortunately sold the hunts to Hosted Hunts who than proceeded to screw me out of my spot. I have been accruing points in multiple states for a few years but want to get a few more guided hunts under my belt before going back to diy draw tags. Realistically looking for consistent opportunities on mature bulls (290+) with the hope of eventually getting a shot at 330+ bull in the next 5-7 years. Thanks in advance. Price is less of a concern than yearly availability and a reputable outfitter.

As soon as you say yearly basis I think you can narrow it down to private land. I don’t think you’ll find a public land hunt where you can get a license every season and hunt 290+ bulls with a legit crack at something over 330.

Laramie

WKR
I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for an outfitter with high quality archery elk hunt that would be available on a yearly basis. Fair chase is important. I have experience and success on both rifle and archery elk before and have hunted guided and unguided. The current outfitter I have hunted with multiple times before enjoy hunting with unfortunately sold the hunts to Hosted Hunts who than proceeded to screw me out of my spot. I have been accruing points in multiple states for a few years but want to get a few more guided hunts under my belt before going back to diy draw tags. Realistically looking for consistent opportunities on mature bulls (290+) with the hope of eventually getting a shot at 330+ bull in the next 5-7 years. Thanks in advance. Price is less of a concern than yearly availability and a reputable outfitter.
Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah private land hunts would be your best options imo. Landowner tags are really your only way to accomplish those hunts unless you are willing to become a resident in an elk state. An acquaintance of mine goes to Utah yearly for elk. He gets a discount at $12,500. I think new hunters are paying 15k. He shoots big elk every year with his bow and eats 5 star meals at night in a very nice lodge. Glad to get the name of the place if you are interested. *** Edited - my friend prefers to not give out the name. I wasn't aware it was a closed group of guys.

Last edited:

PAHunt

FNG
Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah private land hunts would be your best options imo. Landowner tags are really your only way to accomplish those hunts unless you are willing to become a resident in an elk state. An acquaintance of mine goes to Utah yearly for elk. He gets a discount at $12,500. I think new hunters are paying 15k. He shoots big elk every year with his bow and eats 5 star meals at night in a very nice lodge. Glad to get the name of the place if you are interested.
Could you pass on the name of the place he goes to in Utah. I don’t need five star meals, but with so many bad guide reviews out there I would appreciate a good recommendation.

Are you still looking for an outfitter?