Guided cow hunt

IaArcher

FNG
My co-worker and I would like to do a rifle cow elk hunt. He has been on several DIY bow hunts in Montana. At 62, he doesn't want to do a hardcore backpack elk hunt I have tried to contact a couple of outfitters to do a 3 day guided hunt but getting any outfitters to call you back seems to be a challenge. Would like any suggestions for a less physical hunt or options like trespass fee hunt. Any help would be great!

daddie63

WKR
Im following this post myself but where are you coming from and are any states within reason or are there some states too far to travel to?

wytx

WKR
Google Saratoga/Encampment, Wyoming area outfitters. There are good ones there and they do cow hunts on ranches that would fit your bill.

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Black Mountain Outfitters out of Pie Town New Mexico. Great group of people lots of game, great accommodations

Kiowa Outfitters out of Raton NM. The hunts are usually this time of the year but it's best to book early, they fill spots quickly.

OP
I

IaArcher

FNG
I would be willing to travel to Nm, UT,ID, CO, WY, and MT for the right opportunity. I would love to do a DIY but the pack out would be tough on my buddy. I'll check on these outfitters to see whats available. Im just getting into elk hunting and not sure where to start. I thought maybe a cow elk hunt to start then move to DIY bow hunt while I wait for my points to build in Wy.

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
I lease a ranch in Montana near White Sulphur Springs, 14,000 acres deeded, plus state and FS land, I may be interested in sub leasing some days to help with lease cost, let me know, thanks

WRO

WKR
I book some in Oregon, they're typically 100% opportunity on decent ground with a couple great outfitters.

OP
I

IaArcher

FNG
I lease a ranch in Montana near White Sulphur Springs, 14,000 acres deeded, plus state and FS land, I may be interested in sub leasing some days to help with lease cost, let me know, thanks
Let me know what species are available and how much you had in mind?

jw710

FNG

Hi DWBMontana, I just read your thread on leasing 14k acres in White Sulphur Springs. Wondering if you are still leasing the land and if so, what you are thinking of pricing? I'm an out of state hunter with a hunter friend who lives in Bozeman.

Feel free to email me or call me

Thanks for any info!

Regards,

Jeff
[email protected]