Guided Hunt Recommendations

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
Hello All-

As the title implies, I’m looking for recommendations for a guided Elk hunt. I don’t really have a strong preference for which state, but obviously the higher success rates will be most intriguing. I’ve been considering Montana, specifically the Bob Marshall Wilderness. I like the idea of having the option on multiple species, however, this is not a requirement. I’m primarily looking to hunt elk, as this will be my first hunting trip out west. Given the time and financial commitment that these trips require, this will likely be my only chance to get out west hunting for the foreseeable future. Looking to make the most of it.

Anyone have experience with Elk Creek Outfitters in Huron? They seem to get good reviews.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
gunrush128

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
From the limited research I’ve done so for, it seems like I should expect to spend somewhere between $6500-$7500 for a weeklong hunt. I’d really like to hunt with a well prepared guide, and hunting from a campsite would definitely add to the experience. Also worth noting, there will likely be 4 of us in the group, so I’m not sure if that limits us or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do NOT hunt the Bob. That place has been dead for years. Great scenery and maybe to encounter a grizzly bear. But even they might be starving up there.

Gorp2007

WKR
Rivers Bend Outfitters out of Meeker, CO was great for me and my family. They can't guarantee results but my family had 7 hunters (two over 60 and 3 who'd never hunted elk) and we brought home 6 elk when we went 2 years ago (4th rifle). They can do guided or drop camps and they’re set up with wall tents and wood stoves up in in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area. Horses up and back and your own two feet once you're in camp, but most of our hunting was within a half mile of camp. The horses are great because you can pack everything you want and more.

I think it's $4750 guided or $2500 for the drop camp.