Guidelines for Posting in the Correct Forums

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Lately it has come to the attention of several moderators on here that the posting of threads in the "General Forum" which are not suitable for the "General Forum" and are more suitable for the other forums such as "Elk Hunting", "Mule Deer", "Clothing", or "Gear" forums (for example) are becoming increased and the moderators and owners of the site are spending more time moving threads to their proper forum than working on our awesome reviews and being able to police the entire forum.

PLEASE, if you are contemplating posting in the General Forum, and the title of your thread or the body of the post is dicussing "Elk, Mule Deer, etc." please post that thread in the correct Hunting Forum under the correct species.

If your thread is regarding Garmin, maps, GPS, Onx, Basemap etc. (this one seems to be the one i move most) please post it in the "Trail Camera/GPS/Mapping Forum"

If your thread is discussing Firearm Calibers, or "whats the best caliber for this, that and the other", please post in the Firearms Forum.

If your thread is discussing Broad-heads, Arrows, Archery Sights, Crossbows, Cams, etc please post in the Archery Forum, like wise if any of these apply to Traditional Archery then post in the Traditional Archery Forum, however do not post about crossbows, or "wheeled bows" in the traditional archery forum

If your thread is discussing tents, sleeping bags, bivy sacks, hammocks, etc. please post that thread in the "Sleeping Systems" forum

Are you discussing, Merino Wool, Kryptek, Kuiu, First Lite, cotton t shirts, Merino Wool thongs (Ryan's favorite) please post in the "Clothing" forum

and so on and so forth....i don think I have to give examples for every forum etc.

This will help us out immensely and also help the members here out as well, when people are researching hunts, gear, and the like, they can go to the specific forums for whatever they are researching and most likely find several threads on what they are looking for fairly quick.

Please follow these guidelines, if people do not, we will be forced to begin deleting these threads instead of moving them.

If you do have a question as to what specific forum your thread would go under, feel free to ask here and we will direct you as best we can. We do realize there are threads that do not categorize into specific forums, and that is what the General Forum is suppose to be for.

Simon85

FNG
Hi I'm new and like to buy a used backpack! Can u plz tell me a few forums for trading gear plz, thx.

Lately it has come to the attention of several moderators on here that the posting of threads in the "General Forum" which are not suitable for the "General Forum" and are more suitable for the other forums such as "Elk Hunting", "Mule Deer", "Clothing", or "Gear" forums (for example) are becoming increased and the moderators and owners of the site are spending more time moving threads to their proper forum than working on our awesome reviews and being able to police the entire forum.

PLEASE, if you are contemplating posting in the General Forum, and the title of your thread or the body of the post is dicussing "Elk, Mule Deer, etc." please post that thread in the correct Hunting Forum under the correct species.

If your thread is regarding Garmin, maps, GPS, Onx, Basemap etc. (this one seems to be the one i move most) please post it in the "Trail Camera/GPS/Mapping Forum"

If your thread is discussing Firearm Calibers, or "whats the best caliber for this, that and the other", please post in the Firearms Forum.

If your thread is discussing Broad-heads, Arrows, Archery Sights, Crossbows, Cams, etc please post in the Archery Forum, like wise if any of these apply to Traditional Archery then post in the Traditional Archery Forum, however do not post about crossbows, or "wheeled bows" in the traditional archery forum

If your thread is discussing tents, sleeping bags, bivy sacks, hammocks, etc. please post that thread in the "Sleeping Systems" forum

Are you discussing, Merino Wool, Kryptek, Kuiu, First Lite, cotton t shirts, Merino Wool thongs (Ryan's favorite) please post in the "Clothing" forum

and so on and so forth....i don think I have to give examples for every forum etc.

This will help us out immensely and also help the members here out as well, when people are researching hunts, gear, and the like, they can go to the specific forums for whatever they are researching and most likely find several threads on what they are looking for fairly quick.

Please follow these guidelines, if people do not, we will be forced to begin deleting these threads instead of moving them.

If you do have a question as to what specific forum your thread would go under, feel free to ask here and we will direct you as best we can. We do realize there are threads that do not categorize into specific forums, and that is what the General Forum is suppose to be for.
Great clarification, thank you

mcr-85

WKR
Hi,
I would like to try and sell a couple of compound bows. Just noticed the 10 post rule. I have been a member for a few months now, but have only used the site for information.
Will 10 quick hellos posted across a few threads meet this requirement, or are you guys looking for "quality" posts?
Quality. Don't you have a couple hunting stories to share? Maybe some experience with some gear someone is asking a question about possibly. No one wants to see you say hello 10 times.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I would like to try and sell a couple of compound bows. Just noticed the 10 post rule. I have been a member for a few months now, but have only used the site for information.
Will 10 quick hellos posted across a few threads meet this requirement, or are you guys looking for "quality" posts?
Welcome to Rokslide. Yes, we're a community, so jump in and participate a bit. It's easy to share a story, say congrats or share your knowledge on a hunting subject. It'll get you to 10 pretty quick and being part of it all will get you more buyers. good luck

It makes so much more sense to place your post where it is going to get the most response. I'll sometimes ask myself, "what exactly am I talking about here?". That usually will give me some titles to look for in the forums section. Thanks for the heads up!

quietmind

FNG
Has the idea for an introduction thread been thrown up? In conjunction with the 10 post rule, forcing an intro post with some information about you would make it really easy to spot the fakes/ad accounts, and might help us newbies also connect with the knowledgeable types to learn (or for the mentor-types in finding their very own little Padawan...)

Superdoo

WKR
Thanks for the reminder @tugrivercopper. While you're at it throw a sticky in the classifieds that teaches folks how to change their ad prefix to SOLD!
Holy cripes there seems to be more and more folks that think replying to their own thread with a simple "sold" is good enough!

TheGDog

WKR
Just for my own clarification, should small game posts be placed in the Predator/Varmint Hunting category?

Stewy

FNG
Thanks for the reminder @tugrivercopper. While you're at it throw a sticky in the classifieds that teaches folks how to change their ad prefix to SOLD!
Holy cripes there seems to be more and more folks that think replying to their own thread with a simple "sold" is good enough!
I agree with this and I’ve only been here a week! Haha! Drives me nuts! On a side note I really do like this place!

TheGDog

WKR
User Interface suggestion: Move the "General" forum to the bottom of the list within "Forums" tab in order to force the users to have to scroll down past all those other forums first. ;) -> $.02