Guidelines for Posting in the Correct Forums

dcremin

FNG
Can I ask a very dumb question. I'm a newbie here and after reading threads for a week realized there are a bunch of suggestions to introduce yourself on the FNG forum. What the heck does FNG stand for? All I can think of is "F**king New Guy". I'm not sure if I'm right but this week I've struggled a little learning all the acronyms here. Don't get me wrong I've figured out quite a few but man they aren't all obvious.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can I ask a very dumb question. I'm a newbie here and after reading threads for a week realized there are a bunch of suggestions to introduce yourself on the FNG forum. What the heck does FNG stand for? All I can think of is "F**king New Guy". I'm not sure if I'm right but this week I've struggled a little learning all the acronyms here. Don't get me wrong I've figured out quite a few but man they aren't all obvious.
It depends on if you ask Ryan or Robby what fng means 😀. Have you figured out WKR, BOAL and DWKR yet?

shortyrut

FNG
Lately it has come to the attention of several moderators on here that the posting of threads in the "General Forum" which are not suitable for the "General Forum" and are more suitable for the other forums such as "Elk Hunting", "Mule Deer", "Clothing", or "Gear" forums (for example) are becoming increased and the moderators and owners of the site are spending more time moving threads to their proper forum than working on our awesome reviews and being able to police the entire forum.

PLEASE, if you are contemplating posting in the General Forum, and the title of your thread or the body of the post is dicussing "Elk, Mule Deer, etc." please post that thread in the correct Hunting Forum under the correct species.

If your thread is regarding Garmin, maps, GPS, Onx, Basemap etc. (this one seems to be the one i move most) please post it in the "Trail Camera/GPS/Mapping Forum"

If your thread is discussing Firearm Calibers, or "whats the best caliber for this, that and the other", please post in the Firearms Forum.

If your thread is discussing Broad-heads, Arrows, Archery Sights, Crossbows, Cams, etc please post in the Archery Forum, like wise if any of these apply to Traditional Archery then post in the Traditional Archery Forum, however do not post about crossbows, or "wheeled bows" in the traditional archery forum

If your thread is discussing tents, sleeping bags, bivy sacks, hammocks, etc. please post that thread in the "Sleeping Systems" forum

Are you discussing, Merino Wool, Kryptek, Kuiu, First Lite, cotton t shirts, Merino Wool thongs (Ryan's favorite) please post in the "Clothing" forum

and so on and so forth....i don think I have to give examples for every forum etc.

This will help us out immensely and also help the members here out as well, when people are researching hunts, gear, and the like, they can go to the specific forums for whatever they are researching and most likely find several threads on what they are looking for fairly quick.

Please follow these guidelines, if people do not, we will be forced to begin deleting these threads instead of moving them.

If you do have a question as to what specific forum your thread would go under, feel free to ask here and we will direct you as best we can. We do realize there are threads that do not categorize into specific forums, and that is what the General Forum is suppose to be for.
Thanks

Ethink24

FNG
Lately it has come to the attention of several moderators on here that the posting of threads in the "General Forum" which are not suitable for the "General Forum" and are more suitable for the other forums such as "Elk Hunting", "Mule Deer", "Clothing", or "Gear" forums (for example) are becoming increased and the moderators and owners of the site are spending more time moving threads to their proper forum than working on our awesome reviews and being able to police the entire forum.

PLEASE, if you are contemplating posting in the General Forum, and the title of your thread or the body of the post is dicussing "Elk, Mule Deer, etc." please post that thread in the correct Hunting Forum under the correct species.

If your thread is regarding Garmin, maps, GPS, Onx, Basemap etc. (this one seems to be the one i move most) please post it in the "Trail Camera/GPS/Mapping Forum"

If your thread is discussing Firearm Calibers, or "whats the best caliber for this, that and the other", please post in the Firearms Forum.

If your thread is discussing Broad-heads, Arrows, Archery Sights, Crossbows, Cams, etc please post in the Archery Forum, like wise if any of these apply to Traditional Archery then post in the Traditional Archery Forum, however do not post about crossbows, or "wheeled bows" in the traditional archery forum

If your thread is discussing tents, sleeping bags, bivy sacks, hammocks, etc. please post that thread in the "Sleeping Systems" forum

Are you discussing, Merino Wool, Kryptek, Kuiu, First Lite, cotton t shirts, Merino Wool thongs (Ryan's favorite) please post in the "Clothing" forum

and so on and so forth....i don think I have to give examples for every forum etc.

This will help us out immensely and also help the members here out as well, when people are researching hunts, gear, and the like, they can go to the specific forums for whatever they are researching and most likely find several threads on what they are looking for fairly quick.

Please follow these guidelines, if people do not, we will be forced to begin deleting these threads instead of moving them.

If you do have a question as to what specific forum your thread would go under, feel free to ask here and we will direct you as best we can. We do realize there are threads that do not categorize into specific forums, and that is what the General Forum is suppose to be for.
Thanks for the clarification!

Rizo23

FNG
Hi I’m new to the forum any reason why I can’t post a certain threads. I want to buy some pants and can’t.

fwafwow

WKR
Hi I’m new to the forum any reason why I can’t post a certain threads. I want to buy some pants and can’t.
If you are legit, especially if you are interested in content, the search feature is invaluable. You are so close - 1 more post (and whatever the waiting period is)!

Sorry to be skeptical, but your limited posting history is probably going to make it difficult for you to sell anything, and maybe even to buy something. My $0.02.

Rizo23

FNG
If you are legit, especially if you are interested in content, the search feature is invaluable. You are so close - 1 more post (and whatever the waiting period is)!

Sorry to be skeptical, but your limited posting history is probably going to make it difficult for you to sell anything, and maybe even to buy something. My $0.02.
Right on thanks for reply I appreciate it. Ya new to the hunting I grew up in the city but was in the northwest for 5 years fell in love with everything. Moved back home but picked up hunting from my buddies that live through the pnw

fwafwow

WKR
Right on thanks for reply I appreciate it. Ya new to the hunting I grew up in the city but was in the northwest for 5 years fell in love with everything. Moved back home but picked up hunting from my buddies that live through the pnw
Good luck!

dewert

FNG

New to Rockslide. Thanks for the info!

AKBorn

WKR
Hey guys - I originally posted a few gear items I am putting up for sale in the MOOSE subforum, because the ad was intended for Anchorage AK area hunters and campers only. I think I've gotten all the mileage I can from that subforum - how should I go about moving the ad to the Classified subforum so that it's not current in two places? I looked to see if I could delete the thread in the Moose subforum and report in the WTS subforum, but I couldn't see a way to do it...

Thanks for any tips/advice you can give,

Michael (AKBorn)