Gulch gear clothing

Anyone use this stuff? The camo looks a lot like first Lite fusion. I like the fact that they are selling wraps for bows and rifles soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossy

WKR
Just checked them out and I like they're made in the USA. It would be awfully nice if their pants and jackets had dwr finish but I can understand why they didn't add it.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really like the pattern. I think the fabric for jacket and pants is the same kuiu uses in the tiburon. If so that might be the most functional hot weather jacket.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another thing I respect about them is very up front about being made here with foreign material. A lot of companies forget to mention the material part.

bhylton

WKR
pretty good prices for a made in USA product. I really like their sizing chart too, looks like it would be easy to get the correct size the first time.

edit: and the jacket has a cruisers pocket on the back which is awesome when not wearing a pack!

damer

FNG
I ordered a jacket and pants. Will let you know what my opinion is.

damer

FNG
Got my Gulch gear in the mail a few days ago. Haven't had much of a chance to test it yet. Some thought so far is it fits really good and. It will be a great early archery season system. Camo is absolutely incredible. I will try and post more when I get to use it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Pretty good looking gear, the 33" inseam isn't quite long enough for me, but they are light. Not quite as light as the new Sitka pants, but really really close.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bumping this years later.

I see their gear has DWR now? Anyone have experience?
Also it says made in USA with USA materials now. Anyone using this gear and have a review? Wasn't much whatsoever on the search about this company. Personally, I'm sick of over priced Chinese built hunting gear. I'd love to support local companies like First Lite, but made in the USA actually means something to me.

Pretty limited selection and old school camo patterns as well, but USA I suppose.

Edit-Reading more on each product, only the pants are DWR and some clothing is made with foreign materials. Nevermind folks.

It would appear we are screwed and should all hunt naked.

Last edited:

Randle

WKR
If I remember correctly Nate at Nimrod packs uses their camo , he seemed to really like it

btindall

FNG
Edit-Reading more on each product, only the pants are DWR and some clothing is made with foreign materials. Nevermind folks.

It would appear we are screwed and should all hunt naked.

We use Berry Amendment fabrics from Tweave and Polartec, all our components are also Berry Amendment compliant. Our imported fabric is from a company called Toray out of Japan and the fabric we have from them is also made in Japan. Our original LS Shirt was using Polartec fabric milled in China, as Polartec at the time did not manufacture their PFP products in the USA. A few years after we started they brought back a lot of PFP fabrics back and are now milled in their Tennessee factory. We only buy Berry Amendment fabrics from Polartec and Tweave since 2016.
You can see every aspect of what is used and sourced on our Radical Transparence page here.
https://gulchgear.com/pages/radical-transparency

For our warm weather gear we left the DWR off because it is one on the most toxic elements ever made on our planet. Check out the movie https://massivesci.com/articles/dark-waters-pfas-focus-features-mark-ruffalo-anne-hathaway-sloan/
Most of the great DWR's that you see from imported apparel from the other big companies use the C8 carbon chain. This is the nasty stuff and banned in the United States. The C6 is still used in the States but is still bad for the environment. This will probably be banned in the coming years. We have been looking into some green DWR's that are done by a few companies here in the States that claim theirs is better than a C8 DWR. Hopefully it is true and will be using this on our cooler weather apparel.
The other reason we left it of is because we are using Toray's Dot-Air fabric and it has thousands of micro dot holes woven in. Water passed right through it. One other benefit to not have a DWR on the material is for folks who use sent eliminating sprays. These only work if you can get into the fibers of the fabric. With a DWR the sprays just bounce off or just affect the surface. They need to get into the fibers to kill the micro bacteria.

Cheers,

Brian,
Owner, Gulch LLC

My wife and I both have pants, shirts and the light jackets from Gulch. The quality is top notch,

The stuff we have uses the micro dot Toray fabric. I should not that I also have a pair of Tiburon pants, the Gulch pants are every bit as good if not better.

We use Berry Amendment fabrics from Tweave and Polartec, all our components are also Berry Amendment compliant. Our imported fabric is from a company called Toray out of Japan and the fabric we have from them is also made in Japan. Our original LS Shirt was using Polartec fabric milled in China, as Polartec at the time did not manufacture their PFP products in the USA. A few years after we started they brought back a lot of PFP fabrics back and are now milled in their Tennessee factory. We only buy Berry Amendment fabrics from Polartec and Tweave since 2016.
You can see every aspect of what is used and sourced on our Radical Transparence page here.
https://gulchgear.com/pages/radical-transparency

For our warm weather gear we left the DWR off because it is one on the most toxic elements ever made on our planet. Check out the movie https://massivesci.com/articles/dark-waters-pfas-focus-features-mark-ruffalo-anne-hathaway-sloan/
Most of the great DWR's that you see from imported apparel from the other big companies use the C8 carbon chain. This is the nasty stuff and banned in the United States. The C6 is still used in the States but is still bad for the environment. This will probably be banned in the coming years. We have been looking into some green DWR's that are done by a few companies here in the States that claim theirs is better than a C8 DWR. Hopefully it is true and will be using this on our cooler weather apparel.
The other reason we left it of is because we are using Toray's Dot-Air fabric and it has thousands of micro dot holes woven in. Water passed right through it. One other benefit to not have a DWR on the material is for folks who use sent eliminating sprays. These only work if you can get into the fibers of the fabric. With a DWR the sprays just bounce off or just affect the surface. They need to get into the fibers to kill the micro bacteria.

Cheers,

Brian,
Owner, Gulch LLC
you are an Oregon based company?