Gun bearer mod SG/Kifaru

brocksw

WKR
Has anyone modified the kifaru universal gun bearer to hook into the stone glacier pack frame? I believe all that would need to be done is a smaller nylon strap?

I've been thinking about doing this on a stone glacier pack so that I could run the butt stock holder off the pack with the kifaru material and then have the option of running the forearm strap around either the frame of the stone glacier pack with the SG strap or the shoulder strap using the kifaru strap.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Take a look at the Kuiu rifle holder, both me and my hunting partner use the Kuiu lower and Kifaru upper on our packs, have done it that way on Kuiu and Kifaru packs. The Kuiu lower has 3/4" straps so it may work on the SG better. Plus it attaches at both sides of the rifle cradle instead of just in the middle which really helped with the rifle turning in the cradle.

sako75

FNG
I run the stone Glacier bottom and both stone Glacier and kifaru tops on my stone Glacier pack and have the option to use either depending on where and how I am hunting. Hope that is what you were asking if not disregard my answer

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Yep... Kifaru bottom fabricated to tie in where the stone glacier does. Then use both the SG top and Kifaru Top.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thor45

FNG
Take a look at the Kuiu rifle holder, both me and my hunting partner use the Kuiu lower and Kifaru upper on our packs, have done it that way on Kuiu and Kifaru packs. The Kuiu lower has 3/4" straps so it may work on the SG better. Plus it attaches at both sides of the rifle cradle instead of just in the middle which really helped with the rifle turning in the cradle.
Are yall running the gun up the side of the back or down the middle on the back of the pack?