Gun carry ideas MR pop up

Just got a new mystery ranch pop up 28. I thought I would be able to shove the butt in the water bottle pouch and cinch it down. Tried it and it’s awkward and top heavy.
How are you guys with this pack attaching guns to it? I’ll obviously have the gun on a sling while hunting. Just want somewhere to put it to keep my hands free packing out.
My wife is pretty crafty so I’m sure she can make some sort of attachment. Anybody make something that works? Is there a better way to strap it to the pack?
Thanks!

I have used a kifaru gun bearer on both the belt ( underarm carry) and back fo the pack with the gun strapped on the rear straight down the centerline. Both work fine.

CO-AJ

WKR
You can see from my profile photo I drop the rifle into a short shotgun scabbard that sits in the side pocket and is attached by a molle system along the side. The top is strapped over the pack to pull it tight against the pack. This setup will not work with scoped rifles, and the one in the picture is a 45/70. For scoped rifles the Kifaru gun bearer or an Eberlestock pack with the centerline scabbard such as the "gun fighter" work great.

i think the kifaru gunbearer is a good option. haven't put it on my pop up, i use that pack for chasing roosies with a bow only, but it's my favorite way to pack a rifle on my other packs