Gun case recommendations?

eoperator

WKR
All of my gun cases are tired and junky any recommendations for new? Should i buy pelican and be done with it, or is there something else I'm missing?
Looking for 1 single and 1 double rifle hard case.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
SKB are very sturdy, but heavy and $

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
I own these SKB I-series single rifle, Boyt H51 double, Pelican 1750 double. All are about the same in function and work very well. I use the Boyt more than the others, but only because I have had it longer. These have all been well abused by the airlines and are solid.

Plano Field Locker series look good for a lower cost option.

Jeremy

Plumb Bob

FNG
Have a couple of the Pelican 1750. As noted before, they are a bit heavy, but in my opinion are worth the protection benefit for longer trips and as a second benefit are airline approved with TSA locks.

Have a couple of the Pelican 1750. As noted before, they are a bit heavy, but in my opinion are worth the protection benefit for longer trips and as a second benefit are airline approved with TSA locks.

If you’re checking a firearm on an airline, you should not use TSA locks. They should be locks only you can open. It’s legal to use TSA recognized locks, but you are unnecessarily giving TSA access to your firearms without you being around.

Bullet point #4 here:

Gutshotem

WKR
I have a plano I paid about $100 for, its heavy and offers good protection but I'll be getting rid of it because it doesn't have wheels. It's absolute misery lugging a suitcase, carry-on and a heavy duty case with 2 firearms through an airport after a tough hunt. Wheels are a must imo so I'll be ordering a pelican before this fall.

Also, don't use TSA locks. The only way that your firearms case should be opened is in your presence.

Keith_PDX

FNG
I've had great luck with this one from Brownells. If you keep your eyes on sales and coupon codes it can be had for $90 shipped.

I have a couple of skbs floating in my stable. I think my old school ATA SKB double rifle case is close to 20 years old and has made dozens of trips without issue. I also have bought 2-3 of their I series cases lately. The 49” case has become a favorite for use in the truck moving guns to and fro. It is light, relatively cheap and compact. I have flown with it and it does fine as well.

I also have a couple of pelicans and they are the gold standard and priced to match. For a high dollar hunting rifle or even just to know your optics aren’t going to get knocked around, the extra $250 is worth piece of mind so If you want something bomb proof then go with them. The only possible downside beside price and weight is that if you cut the foam very specific to a gun then that gun kind of owns that case. Extra foam can be an answer but a set of foam inserts is not all that cheap.

Pro tip - cut the foam with a cheap ($12) electric knife. Fantastic and easy to form it as you like without spending a ton of time fiddling with an exacto knife. Do not, I repeat, do not use your wife’s turkey carving knife.

I use an SKB single rifle for close-by use and a Pelican 1750 when I will be traveling/flying. Both have served me well.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
SKB ATA is my only experience with nice rifle cases. Have 2, they’re great and not that heavy.

$140.00 on the Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archp625

WKR
For a little bit less money and pretty much that same case I would go with a
Cabela's Armor Xtreme Plus Single Long-Gun Case

They are $135. I have one and its great. I have had it for a long time and is solid as it gets.

WCB

WKR
Boyt H51 double is what I have. Been through many flights and many trips in the bed of the truck. Absolutely no complaints.