Gun cleanse to make things simpler.

jhm2023

WKR
I prefer to have a few nice rifles that fit particular needs than just have a bunch. A quality over quantity with a limited budget type deal. A .338 mag of some sort (33 Nosler currently) for moose and brown bear, a good accurate lightweight 7 mag for just about everything else, a lever 45-70 for busting brush along salmon streams, and a suppressed 300 blackout for home defense/SHTF. Of course there are the inherited firearms that will never leave my possession until I have grandkids.

howl

WKR
Selling is extra complication and a hassle. Your new tax credit will cover a case of ammo for your 7mm08 or 300wm.

SCOH

FNG
With modern bonded bullets, there is a lot more lethality in cartridges with smaller diameter projectiles.

Granted, they are not "stoppers" like 30s & 33s.... But they will kill

If you can tolerate the recoil, it's hard to beat a 300WM

If not, step down to a. 270.

Hoguer11

FNG
I prefer to have a few nice rifles that fit particular needs than just have a bunch. A quality over quantity with a limited budget type deal. A .338 mag of some sort (33 Nosler currently) for moose and brown bear, a good accurate lightweight 7 mag for just about everything else, a lever 45-70 for busting brush along salmon streams, and a suppressed 300 blackout for home defense/SHTF. Of course there are the inherited firearms that will never leave my possession until I have grandkids.
Possibly on the chopping block.
338wm custom
7mm08 mountain rifle
243 mountain rifle
300wm custom

And there’s quite a few more.

View attachment 111120View attachment 111121View attachment 111122View attachment 111123
[/QUOTE

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going through the sell off now! I still have plenty, just dropping a couple of calibers and extra rifles I acquired looking for the "goldilocks" model. I think you already have your medium with the 7-08!

tdot

WKR
I'm about a year ahead of you. First kid made me think about a plan. 2nd kid make me act on it.

I settled on a switch barrel rifle. Stayed within the same family of cartridges, so same bolt face and magazine. One scope. Swap a barrel and I move from a 6.5 Sherman Short to a 338 Sherman Short. Shouldered barrel and a regular action, so as simple as a switch barrel can be.

Built it to be a light mountain rifle. 6.5 pounds before scope is the goal.

I figure I can shoot the 6.5SS for high volume range days, practice and most game that I chase. Switch to the 338 for Bear, Moose and Elk.... beauty is, that I'll be super familiar with how the gun handles... atleast that's the plan.

If it works as planned, I'll unload a 308win, 300WM, 7-08 and the optics to go along with it.

You might already have the start with something in your collection already....

Last edited:
Stop talking crazy!!

I do not need fewer guns, bows, rods, shelters, canoes or packs. I just need more time.

You gettin’ pressure? You tell her that you’re keeping your box wrenches and socket sets too. You’re not “making do” with a crescent wrench.