Gun control: UBCs pass the house

260madman

WKR
The house passed UBCs for all gun transactions. I’m sure there’s fine print in there for family stuff so many people won’t care. Everybody should care because government intrusion in you lives has never helped anyone. I can see this passBig the Senate when it gets there. Some Rs are getting squishy in their old age, including my rep, and they want to keep their jobs and look good to the enlightened soccer moms. They don’t enforce the laws for straw purchases but want to make more new laws that will do nothing.

Last edited:

rob86jeep

WKR
The same bill was passed by the house back in 2019 but failed in the senate. The senate will probably shut it down again since it will need all the democrats and 10 republicans to vote yes for it to proceed. I wouldn't worry too much about that bill right now.

Snyd

WKR
Not surprising. This House will pass ANY gun control Bill that comes forth.

• Banned
OP
260madman

260madman

WKR
Feinstein did her usual of introducing magazine And AWB bans yesterday.

ZDR

WKR
The same bill was passed by the house back in 2019 but failed in the senate. The senate will probably shut it down again since it will need all the democrats and 10 republicans to vote yes for it to proceed. I wouldn't worry too much about that bill right now.
A senate simple majority won’t work? at least I hope your right!
I do worry about the # of rinos in the senate.

dtrkyman

WKR
So where does one purchase a gun other than private sales without filling out a 4473 and back ground check?

I sold guns for a living for a while in Cook county IL. And I know they have more strict policies but I thought the 4473 was universal?

Chicago even sued us for being a public nuisance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
260madman

260madman

WKR
It’s private sales and gun show “loopholes” that kill everybody. Or Indiana if youre from Chicago. It’s all their fault.

def90

WKR
Gunshow loophole is a myth. Any licensed FFL/seller needs to perform background checks regardless of where or how they sell a gun, all of those guys at gunshows that have tables are FFLs. The only way someone is getting a gun without a background check at a gun show is if a random guy is walking around with a gun for sale as a private ftf sale, which in that case can be done anywhere gunshow or not. Even in that case the usual laws still apply that you cannot sell a firearm to a restricted person.

Here in Colorado they passed a universal background check law after the Aurora Theater shooting.. oh yeah, that guy purchased his firearms via a background check. Since then there has been no reduction in illegal firearm possession convictions nor any decrease in firearm related crime, in fact it has risen the last couple years. UBC is nothing but a tax on lawful gun owners.