Gun decision

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I recently got a Weatherby Backcountry in 280ai and love it. Very light and can't even feel the recoil.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'd hold out for the Kimber Montana. There's a reason you were willing to wait for one in the first place. You know the week after you buy the Sako, the Montana will be in. That's how it always works.

Hold your course.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I'd buy the Weatherby Backcountry and not look back. Only reason I don't have one is that it is too short for me in terms of LOP. I just bought an Accumark instead and ordered a custom stock from B&C.

I am running the same NF scope you mentioned on my Tikka T3X Lite Veil Wildlands in .308. It shoots about .5 MOA. Gathers light well too. The Tikka is below your price point, but it is a solid option.

OP
H

Huntsalot

FNG
Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate a Weatherby to put my hands on. And some of the comments have futher complicated my life by sending me down the Tikka wormhole. I did hold a T3x stainless and it was a nice gun, I think it would be great with a nice stock. I compared it to a kimber Hunter and the Tikka was nicer.

As of now I'm leaning towards a Tikka T3x, cut/crown the barrel, McMillan Edge stock. I think the finished product will be close to what I was trying to find.

Thanks for all your help.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate a Weatherby to put my hands on. And some of the comments have futher complicated my life by sending me down the Tikka wormhole. I did hold a T3x stainless and it was a nice gun, I think it would be great with a nice stock. I compared it to a kimber Hunter and the Tikka was nicer.

As of now I'm leaning towards a Tikka T3x, cut/crown the barrel, McMillan Edge stock. I think the finished product will be close to what I was trying to find.

Thanks for all your help.
You won't regret it
I shot a friend's bone stock Tikka 6.5 creed at 1000 yards and had zero issue making hit after hit.
Pretty amazing considering it was also factory 143 eldx ammo, it'll smoke some Deer at 500 yards with ease

Bucsfan69

FNG
I will take a step out and say the Seekins Havac…. It was in my top 3 choices before going a different route..

Ringtail

FNG
Savage Ultralight 6.5 creedmoor is 5.8 pounds and it’s an awesome rifle. I know you didn’t list it but maybe something to look at?

OP
H

Huntsalot

FNG
Ok.. I guess I should have asked what barrel length are you looking for?

I'm not sure yet. I've cut down a number of other barrels with no negative impact on accuracy but I wanna do some more reading first. Most likely 18-20".

LuvDog

FNG
Tikka has a 20" CTR in 6.5CM as an original option. So you wouldn't have to chop it down.