Gun jaw vice, Hog Saddle or Gun Jaw by Battle Steel?

Billinsd

WKR
I've seen great reviews of the Hog Saddle, but nothing about this Gun Jaw by Battle Steel? Hog Saddle is machined, Gun Jaw is a poly. Hog Saddle system is heavier and more expensive. How do they compare in steadiness, etc.? Thanks Bill

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Their web site says:
  • BODY: CNC machined from a solid block of 6061 aircraft grad aluminum.
I just went to the Website and it looks like they have an aluminum one as well as a poly one for 50 bucks less.
Subscribed.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a Hogg Saddle, and it was a solid, stable platform. It kept the rifle snug and I have had no issues. I can't speak on the other one, as I've never seen one in the wild.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’ve used the hog saddle and the RRS Vyce. The Vyce weighs a ton, but has more adjustment to it. The Hog saddle is machined, and they have a less expensive version, of stamped steel, called the pig saddle.
I personally don’t think a polymer could do the same job nearly as well as a metal one.

tdhanses

WKR
When you guys use these do you always leave the center post down. I used my triclawps the other day and had the center post up about 6” and it was not steady at all. Now I’m thinking I should have not extended it.

Bzn_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen great reviews of the Hog Saddle, but nothing about this Gun Jaw by Battle Steel? Hog Saddle is machined, Gun Jaw is a poly. Hog Saddle system is heavier and more expensive. How do they compare in steadiness, etc.? Thanks Bill

I've used the hog saddle, but now prefer the Field Optics clamp. it is definitely worth a look if you haven't seen them yet. It feels really well built and is SOLID! Shooting in competitions it has been flawless.

Tacos

FNG
I put an arca plate on the bottom of my manners. This allows me to use an RRS arca clamp on my tripod that I can clamp my rifle, spotter, or range finder to. lighter weight and rock solid.

mcseal2

WKR
I'm sure it isn't as steady as the clamps, but I use the Outdoorsmans rifle rest. It has worked well for me off my spotter tripod and Outdoorsmans head. I was never sure about a clamp putting pressure on the stock changing my point of impact with my lighter gun, so I went this route. I like it for my needs.

Attachments

• tripod deer season 2018 2.jpg
    tripod deer season 2018 2.jpg
    579.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Tripod AK 2018.png
    Tripod AK 2018.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 41

Sbrien777

FNG
What applications are most of y'all using the hog saddle for? Hunting, matches, etc...
Running it on a ball mount or straight to a tripod?