Gun safe light recommendations

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Liberty Fat Boy safe and am looking for better interior lighting. The lights that came with the safe have always been less than ideal. I've been using stand-alone small battery powered lights placed at various spots inside the safe, but they aren't great and I still end up using a flashlight to look inside for whatever I'm trying to find.

I've done some internet research, but I keep getting directed to Amazon, or someone who has a great DIY solution on YouTube (one I'm considering consists of combining a 20 foot LED light strip with a motion sensor and attaching them with velcro). I'm usually too lazy and incompetent to do a DIY fix, so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone else has an idea. Ideally it would not require batteries and would light up my safe like the sun.

Thanks in advance!

jolemons

WKR
Amazon has some nice motion activated led light bars that are rechargeable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
I used an LED strip light that I plugged into the outlet in my safe. It has a remote to turn it on. It was easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for the replies so far. I would much rather have AC powered lights, not batteries. @lintond which LED strip are you using?

Grumman

WKR
I have one of the motion activated LED systems from Liberty. I love the illumination but struggle finding anything to stick to the felt like liner of the safe. More than once I have opened it and found the lights have fallen. Double sided tape and Velcro and even super glue won’t hold long term. Anyone found success with attaching it?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just use the flashlight, especially since I have to have that to even see the dial to open the safe. I tried some of the LED strip lights that come on when you open the door, but the batteries would only last a few days for whatever reason.

I used a kit off Amazon made by Torchstar . Its motion activated and has 6 linkable led bulbs . Took about 45 minutes to install it and lights up the safe great . It came with double sided tape , but mine had holes on each end of the light for screws . I went to Ace and grabbed a handful of screws and ised them .Just search for Safe light kit on Amazon

davsco

WKR
i have an a/c led light string that is adhesive-backed. attached a couple together, peeled the backing and just stuck the strips along the inside of the safe facing in. motion activator and plugged to the outlet inside the safe. easy peasy and does light up the safe nicely. i also have the same thing in another safe but with a rechargeable battery, works nice but of course has to be recharged periodically.

lintond

WKR
Thanks for the replies so far. I would much rather have AC powered lights, not batteries. @lintond which LED strip are you using?

I don’t remember where I got it online. But I’m sure if you search around you can find what you’re after. Luckily LED light strips are quite popular now. I also put some in my truck canopy which is quite nice.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
One of my pet peeves is when someone asks for my help or advice and then never let's me know what happens, so.....

I found the video below on YouTube and I finally got around to the project. The video wasn't quite as instructive as I expected, but even I was able to figure it out. The result was sweet! One note - the guy on the video estimated the project would take 30 minutes to an hour. I think that may be right - if you just got your safe (like he did). I had to remove a *bunch* of stuff and take out the shelves and partitions, and now that I have everything out, I'm debating whether to reorganize how I keep stuff in there!