Gun store shelves filling up

I was a little surprised the last couple of weeks at the availability of ammo and some components. Today I saw 7mm 162gn ELD-M and 7mm 168gn VLDs. Lots of Barnes too. Last week Varget and H4831 were on the shelf. I read that YOY gun sales are down 30% or something close to that. Ammo shelves were completely full. Online I keep seeing primers and powder available. Should be a better year for shooting and not having to worry about running out.

Wvroach

WKR
The common stuff around here 9mm, 556, 7.62x39 has at least increased by 100% in price over 2 years ago.

9mm fmj I was able to get for $8 50 rounds in bulk orders 556 $5 for 20 rounds. Now 9mm is $20 and 5.56 $10 for fmj.

Not every brand and type is in stock but if you are not looking for anything particular each caliber is in stock most places now but well inflated, you can also guarantee if we end up in a hot war it will soar well above that and be next to impossible to find.

I haven’t seen as much ammo here in Norteast PA. There is more than there was but not a ton. Starting to see mostly off brand primers in drips. local Wally World -my gauge for ammo availability - is still mostly cleaned out. A few boxes of 308, 22, 12 and 20 is about all.

guns are a different story. Every shop in miles is full up after the pandemic rush. Have actually seen some nice deals on both new and used boomers.

Super tag

WKR
I’ve noticed an increase in ammunition too, but most of it is 9mm, 556 and 308. There are more bullets available too as mentioned, if you reload that’s a good sign, the popular calibers in rifle ammunition don’t exist, haven’t seen any large magnum rifle primers in a year at least. Did see a few powders lately but nothing I can use, it’s good to see items coming back to some degree at least. If your a bird hunter, there’s not much in the way of ammo for that yet.

KBC

WKR
There's still empty shelves in Canada. The best price I've seen on 9mm lately was about $25 for 50 rounds of aluminum cased stuff. Bulk .556 is $800 for 1000 rounds. New surprise registration laws are kicking in on the 18th so any guns left have been flying off the shelf for the last week.

Weldor

WKR
Still mostly the same here in southern AZ. high prices and low inventory.

fatbacks

WKR
I guess everything in Alaska was expensive to begin with but al oof late we’ve had a lot more availability of nearly everything to include reloading components.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Still mostly the same here in southern AZ. high prices and low inventory.
There was a while here where there was zero inventory in most common cartridges. You can go into pretty much any gun store around here and find what you need now, as far as common stuff is concerned. I’m halfway between Phoenix and Tucson.

i think people are really starting to embrace Joe :ROFLMAO: worrying is over now that he's proven himself

ZAP's advice is good, get what you need while it's available.

my conspiracy theory is people are spending their ammo hoarding money on other things right now, but consistently available ammo is still pretty far in the future.

cheapest ive been able to find near me for .223 and 5.56 is about $0.60 a round.

Last edited:

Wvroach

WKR
I wonder how 'they' are going to pitch the buffalo incident and what 'result' they will try for from that? Prayers for the victims.
Do you really wonder how it'll be pitched? I think we all know. The media only talks about the shootings that fit their narrative.

All hate crimes should be treated equally, black, white, brown or yellow it shouldn't make a bit of difference. They only talk about the white attacks on any other race though.

Frank James, Timothy George simpkins both happened very recently but they make the news cycle for about a day until murderers identity is known and then disappeared.

Not counting the other mass shootings in Chicago, Milwaukee, NYC that all happened this week.

They sow division to keep us hating each other and not the system that perpetuates the violence. When you are raising a group of kids telling them they are inferior because of the crimes of their ancestors and should feel guilty you most certainly will get backlash.

Yoder

WKR
At Walmart yesterday they had maybe 20 boxes of ammo in total. They didn't even have 12 ga.

southLA

WKR
People get shot weekly on I-10 in New Orleans, never heard much about those on national news. ON THE FREAKING INTERSTATE. REGULARLY.