Gunbroker app no longer supported by big tech.

Ten Bears

WKR
Yep. Hopefully someone smarter than me develops a solid pay method specifically for firearm related stuff and soon.

Or a defi-coin for that purpose and is untraceable since they want to be such pricks about it.

Rodéo

WKR
Yep. Hopefully someone smarter than me develops a solid pay method specifically for firearm related stuff and soon.

Or a defi-coin for that purpose and is untraceable since they want to be such pricks about it.
Zcash and Monero (and a few other identity-protecting/anonymous/pseudonymous coins) have been around for a while. Biggest hurdle is getting people to adopt them as a payment platform.

The California sponsor here is already using a gun friendly alternative for people to us to pay for guns. They already exists, business just need to adapt and use them.

On one hand, I agree that this is an unfortunate sign of the times.

On the other, I see gunbroker as a primary platform for the assholes that buy up as much ammo as they can to resell it at $75/box.
They're not responsible for what the prices are tho. I got a couple good deals on firearms on there that i wasnt able to come close to beating locally so its a shame. Like robby said, it could also be an opportunity for someone so inclined

Ten Bears

WKR
That’s why these moves by Tech are so shortsighted. Yes in the immediate this will cause some headaches for firearm purchases, etc.

But once that industry adapts and controls their digital space and payment systems Tech will be missing out on what control they already had and the profits they receive from our world.

And in the end they are shooting themselves in the foot over feeling based commerce that will solve zero of their so called “common sense” gun issues.

I agree with the above posts, super short sided. Its not like gun ownership is exclusively right wing especially since covid hit.

Side note: this site is literally the closest thing ive had to social media since myspace lol, and im constantly reminded of how glad i am to not be participating in that life wasting nonsense. Appreciate the post from the OP tho

OP
EastMT

EastMT

WKR
That's easy. Cancel the card and pay with cash for everything.

Their loss on the interest...

I stuck $100 bills into my fax machine to send to gunbroker, but the secret service showed up, so I don’t recommend that. I’ll stick with my visa debit card until they ban guns/ammo sales.

Most online sellers don’t want checks, especially personal checks and I don’t blame them.

If small gun shops would stock more than savage, ruger American 90% of the spaces, I’d prefer to buy local, but can’t find what I’m looking where I can pay cash. That’s the advantage of browsing 1,000,000 guns for sale instead of 20 at a time

OP
EastMT

EastMT

WKR
Hate to ruin a good rant, but Any chance this has to do with the fact that gunbroker was just sold?

66224b01098fa07a0d7a77918a1896d4.jpg

It’s just left wing tech activism, they decided in enact Biden no online sales policy before it’s passed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
For years now people have been talking about how anti gun G, Apple, Ebay, PP, etc, are yet everyone still goes on using them, then lose their minds when this kind of stuff happens. There was, and still is, opportunity for a pro gun social media server/platform but it seems nobody is interested in making the move. Credit cards and banks will likely fall into step in the future.

sneaky

"DADDY"
One of the sponsors on here promotes Guntab. Anyone used that payment method? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk