Gunnison, Co meat processing?

We are going to hunt elk 2nd season and deer 3rd season in Gunnison this year. This is the first time hunting Colorado for us. Does anybody have any recommendations for meat processing in that area? Thanks

rcalmus

FNG
What unit are you hunting for deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane Guerrieri. We use him for meat processing and taxidermy. I live in Dallas and get all of my elk done by him. He does great work at a fair price. He’s an incredible mule deer Hunter, as well. He might be able to give you advice.

LineandBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Man if it is on your route I would’ve highly suggest Cole’s meat processing in pagosa springs. They make an amazing summer sausage “San Juan treasure”.

oh and It’s a taxidermy shop too

Just FYI on Kinikin in Montrose, they will vacuum seal your meat. Got this done recently on cow we had processed. Very nice job w/ labeling and packaging.

WAKAN

FNG
I have used Berfields Stage Shop a couple times and they did a goood job. It's on the main drag across the street from traders redevous which is a cool spot to kill a little time looking at all the sheds

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
Shane Guerrieri. We use him for meat processing and taxidermy. I live in Dallas and get all of my elk done by him. He does great work at a fair price. He’s an incredible mule deer Hunter, as well. He might be able to give you advice.
I’m assuming you mean Dallas tx? If so can you tell me what it cost to ship your meat back to you? Im hunting private near cedaredge this year and would love to fly if I could. Just never paid a processor to do a deer and ship it home for me

@Deano0686 I have never had it shipped back. I have either had it processed quickly and I’ll bring it back or I have found someone else in the later season to bring it back for me. As for the mounts, I just get it the next summer.

If you are flying, you can easily bring back several hundred pounds of meat.