Gunsmith suggestion for Seattle/Tacoma area

Looking for a decent smith - considering getting a Carbon Six prefit barrel and making a 280ai Tikka. Any recommendations for someone who's not going to try and charge me 300-400 for this work?

OP
J
Thanks for the replies guys.

For some reason I hadn’t figured a new stock into my costs, which I’m absolutely going to need. I was planning on using a T3 SL I have now as a base to save some cash but honestly, once I buy the barrel(755), the smithing(100), a brake(120), and a stock(600) I’m gonna be $150 away from a Christensen so I dunno. It would be nice to keep my 6.5 because it shoots so great, and I’m not dead-set on a Tikka(or any action) I just want a cf 280 rig of some sort.

I think I’m gonna hold off until after this weekend - I’m going to the sportsman’s show and I’m gonna handle the Savage Ultralite. If that’s something I can live with I’ll just get the timney drop in and maybe get a nicer stock for it next year. If not I’ll drop the coin on a Ridgeline and call it good.

Honestly the 280ai is not ideal on the tikka platform. You’ll be mag box constrained.

If ur handy at all, Ditch the carbon and run a tikkage barrel setup from any number of good barrel makers.