Gunwerks going into receivership

FURMAN

WKR
Do you think people will ever get it, just because someone like a news outlet or social media says something happened doesn't mean it did. Saw a MEME that said you used to watch the news and had to decide how you felt about what was said, now you watch the news and have to decide if it even happened. It's too bad that that is where we are in this country but it's true. Stuff happens to all kinds of people and probably everyone of us goes through a crappy thing or two. It's bad enough when it really happens and the last thing we need is others trying to make it worse or kick us when we're down. I think it probably sucks too when it's fake news and people still kick at us. I don't know the Gunwerks guys and I don't have any of their products. Not because I wouldn't like to but my own circumstances and decisions prevent me from spending my limited money. They seem to have quality products and if I had the money and I made my own decisions that's where I could spend it I wouldn't hesitate. I know one thing, I've watched their videos and I've seen a bunch where they take kids hunting, that's a good thing in my book. Best of luck to the Gunwerks crew maybe someday I'll get a chance to try some of their stuff out maybe I won't. But still hope the best for a American company that promotes hunting for kids and others.

To add insult to injury the ones that came out with the pitch forks won’t learn, won’t apologize, or admit they maybe should have waited before making a hasty emotional judgement. I stand by my first statement in this thread. I’ve come to expect this behavior from liberals but I just didn’t want to believe my peers exhibit the same behavior.

What really happened between GW and WF, based on both of their stories, is probably a little on both sides. WF has not been the best bank and their dealings shady in the past for sure.

Of course those of us who own Tikkas would take issue with Gunwerks claim that Tikka rifles "don't shoot good", which is simply false lol.

Sorry they insulted your Tikka, but it was just a joke.
And no, it is not a “little of both”.

What really happened between GW and WF, based on both of their stories, is probably a little on both sides. WF has not been the best bank and their dealings shady in the past for sure.

Of course those of us who own Tikkas would take issue with Gunwerks claim that Tikka rifles "don't shoot good", which is simply false lol.

Gunwerks did not say that, Broz said it and taking 4 words from what he said is a piss poor way to do him as well

robie

WKR
Please read my official statement. Here's the takeaways:

Delinquent sales tax: fake news (5 minutes to look it up)
Delinquent vendor payments: fake news

We stroked a cash payment to Wells Fargo today for nearly 3 million bucks! True story.

We tried to get fair treatment, and stood up for our rights, without rolling over at the first sign of pressure. I might be a little too cocky. WF pulled out the big guns, we settled our obligation.

One other point of clarification regarding the business development grant. City of Cody got the money, built a building. We've agreed to lease it for 20 years, I signed a personal guarantee - for 20 years! Gunwerks fronted the 5 acres of land and hundreds of hours of design and management oversight during construction.

https://www.gunwerks.com/blog/press...arding-wells-fargo-litigation-225#scrollTop=0

I'll accept apologies via pm if you don't want to post them publicly...
The negative post on here or any forum are not from current or future customers. The PR blip will blow over.

I enjoy the show and the podcast and how you and others innovate in this industry. Keep up the good work.

Working in oil and gas I've read to many articles that aren't factual. It's sad, but now I assume everything is one sided and opinionated or just inaccurate.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Sorry they insulted your Tikka, but it was just a joke.
And no, it is not a “little of both”.
I'm not offended and maybe it was a joke. How do you know it wasn't a little of both? Did you see all of the documents? I'm not taking either side but these things usually don't progress to the point that they did as far as litigation without at least some legitimacy.

Tikkas are a great product for the price. More fake news, we would never make a claim like that.

Kotaman

WKR
Long time Gunwerks customer here. Sometimes that’s really hard to admit here due to the “pitchfork” mentality. I own other rifles, but my “go to” rifles are Gunwerks. (I’ve owned 7 of their rifles and they are building me another one right now.)

My experience with the company and Aaron have been nothing but positive. The one time I needed customer service Aaron took care of me himself no questions asked.

The thing people don’t realize with Gunwerks is that yes, you can get 10k tied up into one of their systems if you want their whole system including a rangefinder, ammo and hunt ready “out of the box”, but if you want a great custom rifle without all those things, you can get a Gunwerks rifle for $4500 using their great action and components assembled by them. Still expensive, but I get a kick out of everyone saying their rifles are 10k. I’ve never spent 10k for one of their rifles. My Gunwerks rifles range from $2999 to $8500.

When I originally saw the first news release I was a bit surprised. A quick follow up to a person in the industry “in the know” quickly debunked the story and shared the news release Gunwerks sent to dealers. Aaron’s statement followed the next day, but the damage was done. The only thing I have to go off are my dealings with these two companies. In the case of Gunwerks, they’ve always treated me right. My only dealings with WF have been a cluster. If I’m gonna “take sides”, I’ll go with the company that treated me right, supports the 2A and chooses to business in the industry I love.

Feels good to be ”out of the closet” as a Gunwerks Fanboy. Almost liberating...😂🤣

Tikkas are a great product for the price. More fake news, we would never make a claim like that.
Jokes, fake news whatever. They are good rifles and obviously Gunwerks are amazing too and I want one lol. Thanks for giving everyone your side of the story and glad it got worked out.

agaugler

FNG
I got a kick out of this thread. Just goes to show you shouldn’t believe everything you hear on the internet.

I’ve got a clymr stock and bottom metal on its way to the house as we speak. Customer service has been second to none, Mitch has been super helpful.

Already thinking I need a long range muzzleloader next.

I got a kick out of this thread. Just goes to show you shouldn’t believe everything you hear on the internet.

I’ve got a clymr stock and bottom metal on its way to the house as we speak. Customer service has been second to none, Mitch has been super helpful.

Already thinking I need a long range muzzleloader next.
We have some muzzleloader stuff coming in June!

coues craze

Lil-Rokslider
Long time Gunwerks customer here. Sometimes that’s really hard to admit here due to the “pitchfork” mentality. I own other rifles, but my “go to” rifles are Gunwerks. (I’ve owned 7 of their rifles and they are building me another one right now.)

My experience with the company and Aaron have been nothing but positive. The one time I needed customer service Aaron took care of me himself no questions asked.

The thing people don’t realize with Gunwerks is that yes, you can get 10k tied up into one of their systems if you want their whole system including a rangefinder, ammo and hunt ready “out of the box”, but if you want a great custom rifle without all those things, you can get a Gunwerks rifle for $4500 using their great action and components assembled by them. Still expensive, but I get a kick out of everyone saying their rifles are 10k. I’ve never spent 10k for one of their rifles. My Gunwerks rifles range from $2999 to $8500.

When I originally saw the first news release I was a bit surprised. A quick follow up to a person in the industry “in the know” quickly debunked the story and shared the news release Gunwerks sent to dealers. Aaron’s statement followed the next day, but the damage was done. The only thing I have to go off are my dealings with these two companies. In the case of Gunwerks, they’ve always treated me right. My only dealings with WF have been a cluster. If I’m gonna “take sides”, I’ll go with the company that treated me right, supports the 2A and chooses to business in the industry I love.

Feels good to be ”out of the closet” as a Gunwerks Fanboy. Almost liberating...😂🤣

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you spec out a rifle with similar components and have your smith put it all together the final price is pretty darn close, with Gunwerks being a little more expensive, but not by a large margin and certainly not $10k. I’ve never owned one but I may sell a few rifles and order one up after this whole ordeal.

We stroked a cash payment to Wells Fargo today for nearly 3 million bucks! True story.

We tried to get fair treatment, and stood up for our rights, without rolling over at the first sign of pressure. I might be a little too cocky. WF pulled out the big guns, we settled our obligation.

One other point of clarification regarding the business development grant. City of Cody got the money, built a building. We've agreed to lease it for 20 years, I signed a personal guarantee - for 20 years! Gunwerks fronted the 5 acres of land and hundreds of hours of design and management oversight during construction.

https://www.gunwerks.com/blog/press...arding-wells-fargo-litigation-225#scrollTop=0

Aaron...I don't owe you an apology. See my previous post. I didn't jump on the hater bandwagon.

I bought a rangefinder form you guys and it was a nice change to call a company and talk to someone with knowledge that you guys have. That is so hard to find anymore. I think you have the best rangefinder on the market and it's made in the USA.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Like I tell my kids all the time, some people are going to be jealous of you and not like you but there's nothing to you can do about it.

I hope this doesn't hurt your business.

joelbiltz

WKR

Aaron, you will not get an apology from me. You never will!!! But I will give you this. I am thankful that you are able to continue and provide great jobs for a lot of great employees especially in this crazy time we have going now. With the exception of a certain few the people you have on your team is great. I know how a small business is ran and thankfully we have never had to take out a bank loan to make things work for us. Good luck in your future endeavors and unfortunately a few ruined what I though was a great ten years of using your equipment! I bleed Gunwerks Orange for ten years and what you are seeeing from the guys here bitching about your cost for rifles is what I defended for years. People do not realize that by the time it’s said and done your system is very well priced! Take care.

Last edited:
Aaron...I don't owe you an apology. See my previous post. I didn't jump on the hater bandwagon.

I bought a rangefinder form you guys and it was a nice change to call a company and talk to someone with knowledge that you guys have. That is so hard to find anymore. I think you have the best rangefinder on the market and it's made in the USA.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Like I tell my kids all the time, some people are going to be jealous of you and not like you but there's nothing to you can do about it.

I hope this doesn't hurt your business.
I think we sell more out of this. Customer support has been huge. I took two orders last night from supporters!