Gunwerks peep

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
I cannot find this now, but I swear I seen a gunwerks dialing peep on Instagram yesterday! Did anyone see this? I swear I was drinking much! Haha

HNTR918

WKR
I saw it. It's a great product that currently isn't on the market. I hope it's less than $200. Knowing Gunwerks I'd expect it to be $1,000 for $40 worth of parts.

robie

WKR
I saw it. It's a great product that currently isn't on the market. I hope it's less than $200. Knowing Gunwerks I'd expect it to be $1,000 for $40 worth of parts.

Wow. First reply already hating on Gunwerks. Let me guess you also said something positive in the Gunwerks fake news thread.

R&D isn't free. So if this was $40 worth or parts, it's not free to design, it's not free to test, it's not free to build/package/ship/market/warranty.....

The only other options I've seen are the Williams FP sight that would require me cutting my stock and is designed for 22 rifles and doesn't allow me to dial with precision.

I'm really looking forward to this device for CO and ID. I love companies like Gunwerks for bringing new products to the market. This will be my first purchase from these guys.

@HNTR918 before you come out with something negative think more about what it takes to make a new product and be grateful that companies are willing to push the boundaries even if you aren't going to buy them.

@Aaron Davidson keep up the R&D and putting out innovative products.

2020-06-09_12-43-30.jpg

That looks very interesting. I like that it's picatinny mounted so you could take it off and slide a scope on easily for other states.

I think its super cool and im sure I would of bought one.
I have a muzzy hunt this year.
But I just got it dailed in and I'm too chicken to switch now.

LWH723

FNG
Cool idea. But not really needed on the high performance stuff. A 200 yard zero is only +3" at 100 yards, -4.2" at 250 yards. Most guys don't have any business shooting past 200 yards at game with fixed sights. But even at 300 yards it's only -10" which is still just a spine hold and let it drop in the vitals.

Now on a slower velocity 50cal gun that's lobbing stuff out there, could definitely see a use for it.

robie

WKR
Cool idea. But not really needed on the high performance stuff. A 200 yard zero is only +3" at 100 yards, -4.2" at 250 yards. Most guys don't have any business shooting past 200 yards at game with fixed sights. But even at 300 yards it's only -10" which is still just a spine hold and let it drop in the vitals.

Now on a slower velocity 50cal gun that's lobbing stuff out there, could definitely see a use for it.
I'm one of this 50 cal guys. I've got 100 zero. My 200 shot is a spine hold.

I would like to use this to see if I can get accurate at 300 without wind.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I'm one of this 50 cal guys. I've got 100 zero. My 200 shot is a spine hold.

I would like to use this to see if I can get accurate at 300 without wind.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Wow that still pretty high performance.
My Oregon load is +5 @100 and still spine shot on a deer at 200 =10" low
150 is my zero

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do they manage the front sight post? Looks like the peep is going to set pretty high just from the mount and and hieght of the dail housing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

robie

WKR
I'm curious as well. Here is my current setup for a 100 yard zero.

With the height of their peep I will have to adjust my front sight quite a bit.

Attachments

• 20170716_180656.jpg
    20170716_180656.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 67

YBPS

WKR

Good call on the $1000 list price..... that’s a joke.

Attachments

• A3416CFD-DDCD-4724-A3FC-A49F5509AD37.png
    A3416CFD-DDCD-4724-A3FC-A49F5509AD37.png
    455.8 KB · Views: 56
Wow. First reply already hating on Gunwerks. Let me guess you also said something positive in the Gunwerks fake news thread.

R&D isn't free. So if this was $40 worth or parts, it's not free to design, it's not free to test, it's not free to build/package/ship/market/warranty.....

The only other options I've seen are the Williams FP sight that would require me cutting my stock and is designed for 22 rifles and doesn't allow me to dial with precision.

I'm really looking forward to this device for CO and ID. I love companies like Gunwerks for bringing new products to the market. This will be my first purchase from these guys.

@HNTR918 before you come out with something negative think more about what it takes to make a new product and be grateful that companies are willing to push the boundaries even if you aren't going to buy them.

@Aaron Davidson keep up the R&D and putting out innovative products.

View attachment 188209

How many did you order???

A plaything for the super rich. I could buy one easily but won’t ever pay 2-3x what a good scope costs for “R&D” of an open sight!.

Don’t doubt they will sell some. Cause as Mr Barnum said: “there’s a sucker born every moment”

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I just wonder how people make use of something like this when I just flat out can't see much past 200-250 with open sights. It looks super cool but what's the application? I second that it's absurdly priced.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I suppose on a high contrast target you could. My mind only functions on mule deer so I neglected to think of the target rifle application