For $13k 😳

Could prob get 2-3x rifles at a minimum for that price with optics and be < weight.

If you got the cash and no time why not? Some people's time is worth more then the cash they lay out.

ID_Matt

WKR
Awesome system - no doubt, but there is definitely quite a bit of margin built in there. Assuming you could replicate that build pretty closely for well under $7K... I will gladly do anyone's load development and verify dope for $5K. Send me your gun and a deposit :)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That color combo is ugly. But the Clymr is the most comfortable stock I have ever used. I respect companies that try to make things better and innovate ... Gunwerks does that. If it costs too much then they didn't make it for you!!

Last edited:

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Awesome system - no doubt, but there is definitely quite a bit of margin built in there. Assuming you could replicate that build pretty closely for well under $7K... I will gladly do anyone's load development and verify dope for $5K. Send me your gun and a deposit :)
I don't know many companies in the business to not make a margin. You could definitely piece together a nice rifle for less, and probably even keep it pretty light, but you'll be cutting corners on one or the other. Our approach here was absolutely pull out all the stops to cut weight and lose nothing for performance, cost of achieving that be damned. That extra 10% costs a lot to achieve. More engineering in the fluted firing pin than most gunsmiths or mfgs have in their entire shops. We're lucky to have an entire team of engineers to dive deep on projects like this.

It's definitely not for everyone. Way outta my price range, even working here! But for the guy with the funds who's dedicated to carrying the lightest high performance rifle out there, this fits the bill pretty nicely!

I don't know many companies in the business to not make a margin. You could definitely piece together a nice rifle for less, and probably even keep it pretty light, but you'll be cutting corners on one or the other. Our approach here was absolutely pull out all the stops to cut weight and lose nothing for performance, cost of achieving that be damned. That extra 10% costs a lot to achieve. More engineering in the fluted firing pin than most gunsmiths or mfgs have in their entire shops. We're lucky to have an entire team of engineers to dive deep on projects like this.

It's definitely not for everyone. Way outta my price range, even working here! But for the guy with the funds who's dedicated to carrying the lightest high performance rifle out there, this fits the bill pretty nicely!
Let’s be honest, you got the idea for the LiteSabr from my 338 RCM build. I’m gonna need some royalty checks for that.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Let’s be honest, you got the idea for the LiteSabr from my 338 RCM build. I’m gonna need some royalty checks for that.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Now I wanna see your build! I can't claim credit for the LiteSabr concept, but it did turn out to be a pretty fun project. That 338RCM is an impressive little round!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Now I wanna see your build! I can't claim credit for the LiteSabr concept, but it did turn out to be a pretty fun project. That 338RCM is an impressive little round!
And here I thought I was the only person ignorant enough to build a lightweight 338 RCM out of high tech and expensive materials.

Attachments

• BFB0903F-738E-450A-9EB2-2D0A8BB62936.jpeg
    BFB0903F-738E-450A-9EB2-2D0A8BB62936.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 221
I always wonder what someone like Jack O'Connor would say if he saw the money some people are laying out on rifles these days. I can just imagine.
I wonder what he would say about how much more accurate most rifles are and how accurate we can be at distance???

Don't get me wrong, its ugly colors and to spendy for me..
But its not exactly a Rem 700 wood stock built by Bill on a Friday with iron sights that blur up your Redfield 4 power.

I wonder what he would say about how much more accurate most rifles are and how accurate we can be at distance???

Don't get me wrong, its ugly colors and to spendy for me..
But its not exactly a Rem 700 wood stock built by Bill on a Friday with iron sights that blur up your Redfield 4 power.
Yea, it's amazing to me that although Wal-mart now sells rifles that will shoot sub-MOA all day long for $400, people will still pay 20 times that amount for a rifle that shoots 1/4 MOA better and doesn't weigh any less.

If our economy has been in the tank, as some would have us believe, you could never tell it by the price people are willing to pay these days for toys.

Hey, we're all guilty to some degree. I could get by with a $400 Ruger American that shoots just as good as the rifle I'm building, but I don't want a Ruger American and I can finally afford what I want.