tdot

WKR
We do a lifetime rebarrel program on our rifles. We just charge the cost of the barrel blank. Full re-chamber, paint, etc. if you shoot it out.

The nice thing about these Skunkwerks projects is that we use a lot of the R&D that goes into these systems to pump new tech into current and future models. I'm almost certain the ClymR will get this new barrel profile as a permanent addition to the line-up.

Who makes your barrels? The Lite Saber barrel is awesome.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Who makes your barrels? The Lite Saber barrel is awesome.
We're currently sourcing top tier cut rifled barrels and doing the contouring and carbon wrapping ourselves. The Lite SabR barrel was an exception to that. We partnered with Suppressed Weapons Systems to do an integrally suppressed barrel for that model.

JakeSCH

WKR
as an engineer...i absolutely loved the podcast detailing the updates and changes / design process.

My buddy just bought a clymr in 6.5 PRC and it is an exceptional gun. When I get to the point financially where it makes more sense to hire someone to do load development / validation / design....why not?

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought a Clymr in 7 SAUM used for $5K. I think it was worth it. If I was richer I would buy the CUT, just because guns are a good investment. How many people buy $20k shotguns? This is not a new thing in the firearms world. Room for all types of folks.

I agree if you are spending a bunch of cash for a very expensive hunt, you probably will buy a very expensive gun. No need for hate, some live in $50k homes and some in mansions and neither is better than the other.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Ladd

FNG
My evolution with rifles has gone from a Remington 700 bdl to a Remington Sendero to a Christensen Arms Ridgeline to a Fierce CT Edge to several Terminus actions (which are awesome btw) with a Proof Research 6.5 max, 6.5 sst, 7 max, 6.5x47 Lapua and 30 Sherman plus P barrels and Manners EH1 stocks. I need to try a Gunwerks Clymber stock and have always wanted a Gunwerks rifle but have never gone that far stopping short of buying their scopes and rangefinders. I'm closer to a Gunwerks rifle now than I've ever been...someday.

HNTR918

WKR
It seems future rifles are headed this way.
Give it 5 years and a $15,000 rifle will be on the shelf for $2,000.

LOL! We don't normally offer the VX6 line because there are better options out there for dedicated long range. BUT, with weight being the primary goal with this system, the VX6 is among the best options for weight savings and long range capability. We've had pretty good luck with them. If you're willing to add an extra half pound to your rifle setup, there are some great options out there, and The CUT isn't the right choice for you.

Landon what reticle did you guys stick in the VX6? I could not locate that info on the specs.

I bought a Clymr in 7 SAUM used for $5K. I think it was worth it. If I was richer I would buy the CUT, just because guns are a good investment. How many people buy $20k shotguns? This is not a new thing in the firearms world. Room for all types of folks.

I agree if you are spending a bunch of cash for a very expensive hunt, you probably will buy a very expensive gun. No need for hate, some live in $50k homes and some in mansions and neither is better than the other.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with everything but the "guns are a good investment" part. Maybe a decade or more ago when hunting rifle design was pretty static and everyone shot a box of shells a year through them. These days of custom rifles, growing precision rifle popularity, rapid new product development, and people shooting a lot more volume, a custom that gets used loses it's value pretty quick beyond the value of the action and stock as components. A clymr might buck that trend a bit if gunwerks has a good rebarreling process.

@Landonm You used to be able to build just a rifle on the gunwerks website, now it makes you buy the whole "system". Does gunwerks still sell just rifles or are they only selling a "complete system"? Seems like you would be cutting out a big part of possible market share but it probably allows you to focus on your biggest margin customers.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I was able to price out a rifle build this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
@Landonm You used to be able to build just a rifle on the gunwerks website, now it makes you buy the whole "system". Does gunwerks still sell just rifles or are they only selling a "complete system"? Seems like you would be cutting out a big part of possible market share but it probably allows you to focus on your biggest margin customers.
We still sell bare rifles. In our configurator, just select "No Rifle Scope" for the optic, and similar selections for the load, etc., and you're good to go. Here's an example:

https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/clymr...702,108,1761,891,619,1091,98,2135,1741,964,80

JakeSCH

WKR
I tried it out, you need to make sure all scope and long range packages have "none". The one that got me was scope rings.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
They lost me early with their hype of “Exotic , Rare and Hard to Find Materials”.
Really??
If you get weathered in on your sheep hunt you can play a game of checkers in your tent on their checker board stock.