Guy-out question for Paratarp

trk3263

WKR
What would be a good length to pre cut my Guy-outs to? I will be using them for both the corners in a tarp setup and the guy-out points in the normal setup.
I gotta say I was excited that Kifaru sent me the para cord for the guy-outs until I realized there was only 16" of Paracord. But I guess I shouldn't be so cheap.

Thanks for any help. I don't think I will have time to get it out and setup toes sure before a trip next week.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine may be a bit of overkill, but I have my rope cut to 6'8" for my supertarp for each tie out once secured with a couple of loops on the ends.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv use one long line. Tie it to one guy out, run it through the second and tie it to the 3rd. Then i just pull out the 2 centers and peg them in, requires 2 stakes rather than 3. Although if you want to pitch it off the ground it is nice to have 6 different 6 or so foot lengths of cordage for 4-6pts to guyout if you want to suspend the tarp off the ground, which is nice at times.

So many ways to pitch the thing, just bring cordage and go from there. Thats what I do now.