H1000

Any leads on where a guy can get his hands on some h1000 around the north west corner of Iowa? I'd be willing to drive a few hours to get some or buy a lb from someone that would ship it. Can't find the dang stuff anywhere, and I missed out on powder valley's short lived stocking.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hmr

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck finding any kind of powder since this crap started. I could pretty much get anything I wanted a month ago.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Locally there was pretty good supply but since all the guns and ammo have been bought, the powder is getting scooped up now so I probably won’t be able to find it either

Djacker

WKR
I just picked up a pound last week at Gunstop in Minnetonka, MN. I dont know if they would ship it or not, might be worth the call. They had a few lb'ers.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Any leads right now on H1000?

Some came in stock at the usual spots earlier in the week but it was gone in a couple days. I'm done with Hodgdon, switching to something else that I can regularly get, dont care if I lose a 100fps or so. They have a statement on their website that basically says the shortages are due to them supplying the military. That ain't going to change anytime soon, military contracts are huge $.

Axlrod

WKR
Some came in stock at the usual spots earlier in the week but it was gone in a couple days. I'm done with Hodgdon, switching to something else that I can regularly get, dont care if I lose a 100fps or so. They have a statement on their website that basically says the shortages are due to them supplying the military. That ain't going to change anytime soon, military contracts are huge $.
A lot of the rifle powders have been hard to come by for a few years. Here is Hodgdon's statement, it does not say shortages are due to supplying the military. They have supplied the military for many years.

In these trying times, all of us are doing everything we can to keep each other safe and healthy. The Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc. is following the recommendations provided by federal and state health agencies to safeguard our employees, our vendors and our customers. As a proud and designated critical supplier to the Defense Industrial Base, Hodgdon has a responsibility to maintain our operations as an essential business supplying the warfighter. We continue to operate our facilities in both Kansas and Louisiana, while instituting additional measures such as social distancing, additional cleaning, sanitizing and working remotely as much as possible. These measures are allowing us to keep operating while minimizing the risk to our communities.

Hodgdon will continue to manufacture and distribute gunpowder during this global crisis. Short-term demand currently exceeds our ability to supply certain products and we ask for your patience in receiving deliveries. Rest assured, we are working diligently to solve these shortages and meet the needs of our customers

Thank you for your support of the Hodgdon family of products including IMR & Winchester gunpowder, Pyrodex and Triple Seven muzzle-loading propellants as well as GOEX black powder.

Stay Safe & Shoot Straight.

Steve Kehrwald
President & CEO
Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of the rifle powders have been hard to come by for a few years. Here is Hodgdon's statement, it does not say shortages are due to supplying the military. They have supplied the military for many years.

In these trying times, all of us are doing everything we can to keep each other safe and healthy. The Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc. is following the recommendations provided by federal and state health agencies to safeguard our employees, our vendors and our customers. As a proud and designated critical supplier to the Defense Industrial Base, Hodgdon has a responsibility to maintain our operations as an essential business supplying the warfighter. We continue to operate our facilities in both Kansas and Louisiana, while instituting additional measures such as social distancing, additional cleaning, sanitizing and working remotely as much as possible. These measures are allowing us to keep operating while minimizing the risk to our communities.

Hodgdon will continue to manufacture and distribute gunpowder during this global crisis. Short-term demand currently exceeds our ability to supply certain products and we ask for your patience in receiving deliveries. Rest assured, we are working diligently to solve these shortages and meet the needs of our customers
Thank you for your support of the Hodgdon family of products including IMR & Winchester gunpowder, Pyrodex and Triple Seven muzzle-loading propellants as well as GOEX black powder.

Did you miss this part? That is essentially exactly what they are saying..

As a proud and designated critical supplier to the Defense Industrial Base, Hodgdon has a responsibility to maintain our operations as an essential business supplying the warfighter.

Axlrod

WKR
Yes this is why they are still operating, because they are an essential business. It does not say there are shortages because of their military contracts. They have ALWAYS had military contracts and there have been shortages of certain reloading items on and off going back decades.

cooperjd

WKR

Brendan

WKR
I've got an extra 8# of H1000 if there's anyone in the Boston, MA area looking. Selling for my cost including shipping and hazmat fees. Looking locally first before I consider shipping it as that's a pain in the neck right now...