Had to do it. Trying out a KUIU ICON PRO

Dusty2426

WKR
But, cognitive dissonance. So prevalent on this form.

I dot know why Kifaru wont make a bag like the Icon. I suppose its because then they wouldn't sell all the pockets or multiple bags to customers.

I think they are in to deep and are prideful in the fact that someone will say they copied kuiu. I like my reckoning I just wish it has the organization abilities of my 7200 pro did.

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I think they are in to deep and are prideful in the fact that someone will say they copied kuiu. I like my reckoning I just wish it has the organization abilities of my 7200 pro did.

KUIU offers a lifetime warranty on all of their gear. Not sure about Kifaru, I just jumped on the site and there's nothing about warranty information listed.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
KUIU offers a lifetime warranty on all of their gear. Not sure about Kifaru, I just jumped on the site and there's nothing about warranty information listed.

Kifaru has amazing customer service and will warranty just about everything as long as you call and ask. Kuiu says lifetime warranty, but I broke a frame about 4 years ago and it was like pulling teeth to get them to replace it. They actually wouldn’t replace it until we put a bad review on their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My muley this year was packed out in one load. I didn't want to make 2 trips and made myself do it. Counting the meat and all my equipment, the load was 120 pounds.

I have used kuiu packs for loads and packing in, etc for 7 years. Not one failure from 4 bulls and 7 muleys.

Something from Tommy Boy....about a company shitting in a box and slapping a warranty on the side for consumer comfort....

Kifaru doesn’t need to have a giant write up regarding warranty info because it’s rarely needed and no question they’ll take care of you.

But I’m sure if a warranty covered crap filled box would make people happy then Aron and Frank could add it to the weekly routine...

Just saying :)

boom

WKR
So if he shows you a picture of a sore back, is that good enough?:eek: Just had to! I own lots of Kuiu clothing, so not bothered by them. However I don't plan on getting one of their packs. Just not as comfortable for me. To each their own!

hahha..touche!!

to be honest the other K-pack gave me fits..i moved on. 100% true.."to each their own" we have to hike our own hikes.

I bought another 1850 icon pro setup after selling my first one. Have spent the last three weeks hunting it. For a deer day hunt that requires packing out the meat, they work wonderfully. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these pack systems.

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought another Kuiu pack during their most recent sale, an Ultra 2200. Now I have 2 Kuiu packs and 2 Kifaru. I really like all of them and just packed a whitetail doe with my new pack on the 4th. There are so many good packs out there now.

At least they offered xpac options but it's not just the packs.. Every time sitka, first lite, kryptek, etc come out with new pants without hip zips and base layer bottoms without zip off options I'm tempted to call them and tell them their damn pride continues to lose them sales.

Last edited:

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, house payments must be cheap in the midwest! I’m thinking of picking up a new Icon 1850 and also the Exo 2000 to compare both to my current setup of a kifaru duplex and cargo panel with large belt pouches attached. Will see...
Compared to yuppiarodo

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
When I went to Montana this year, I borrowed my buddies Kuiu 3200 bag and attached it to my Kifaru frame...it was an amazing set up!!! I used all Kifaru compression straps, and just took the bag off when we hauled the second load of meat! I am now looking for a kuiu 3200 Icon pro for myself so I can continue to do that! I had a kuiu bag and frame ive used in the past and keep as a back up for my dad and other people without a pack, but just sold it to buy the new Lite frame for me, leaving my hunter frame for my loaner. I feel Kifaru is the most comfortable, but do like the kuiu bags. The way I attached it to the Frame was SUPER fast and easy! 4 buckles and 2 compression straps, it was off in under 30 seconds! I will try to post some pics

Tailz190

FNG
As a guy looking to buy a “first pack” this thread scares me lol

Beanyray

FNG
After doing a ton of research I decided I wanted an exo pack but they told me my torso was a little long (I’m 6’5”) for theirs to fit perfect so I bought a KUIU icon pro 3200 on an extra tall frame. I love the pack. Had the pleasure of packing out 2 bulls this September with it. Did hauling 100ish lb elk hind quarters off a mountain suck? Yup. But I never assumed carrying half my body weight would be easy and I wasn’t in any kind of torture that I felt was because of the pack. My quads feeling like they were on fire wasn’t the packs fault. My lower back didn't hurt me and that is what was very important to me.

Someday I’d like to try out a kifaru but in the meantime I'm tickled with my KUIU, I recently snagged a used ultra 6000 bag on AT that adds even more versatility to my system.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you truly use your pack, you WILL have problems with ALL of them. No one pack is perfect for every situation. I only care about overall comfort and customer service.

Had a Barney's Freighter, had problems with the webbing/mesh (part where their logo is stitched on the frame) ripping out, had a strap repaired due to stitching. Awesome customer service, Kevin is a good dude to deal with. I wish I had kept the pack strictly for meat hauling on moose or larger.

Borrowed a buddies Kuiu pack, never loaded it heavy but it was extremely comfortable as a day pack. Several of my friends have had issues with the plastic items on them. Only know of one frame breaking and it was a Gen I. Have seen very mixed customer service experiences from great to horrible.

I currently have a Kifaru Duplex Hunter with Fulcrum and Mountain Rambler bags. I love that pack so please don't take this as bashing. Here are the issues I have had:

-stitching coming out of a shoulder strap = replaced for free
-ripped the grab handle on my Fulcrum = I paid for shipping each way
-shoulder strap anchors started to separate from the hip belt = replaced entire belt for free
-seams on my Fulcrum are coming apart = haven't sent it in just yet
-the hypalon / rubber material at the top of my Fulcrum has ripped out around the load lifters = was told it will be warrantied when I send it in

That's a fair number of issues no doubt. Kifaru's customer service is as good as any company I have ever dealt with, right in line with my experiences with Sitka's warranty. For a one pack scenario it fits my bill the best and their customer service ices the cake. I'll be running one for a long time.