Hailing from Pittsburgh…

Hello all!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Kenn and I’ve been around the forum on and off for a while, but it has been such a valuable resource to me over the years as I have began my western hunting career. I grew up in southwest Pennsylvania hunting Whitetails and the like, which is a lot of fun - but after archery hunting Elk in the west, nothing compares.

I was able to pick up an Idaho OTC tag again for this fall and I am super excited to get back to the elk woods. Looking forward to continuing to learn and contribute as I can.

Thanks!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

TurboTec

FNG
Kenn:

Hello! Also in the Pittsburgh region and long time lurker of forums, but finally jumping into the mix to participate and share conversations more.

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

171farm

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. Since most people that do not live in PA thinks everyone is either from Pittsburgh or Philly I’d say I’m “from” Pittsburgh too. Actually east of it about 90 miles but even people from PA haven’t heard of my town.

OP
KennethDeemer
Kenn:

Hello! Also in the Pittsburgh region and long time lurker of forums, but finally jumping into the mix to participate and share conversations more.

Welcome aboard.

Great to meet ya! Where are you in Pittsburgh? I’m East, Wilkins Twp. area.

OP
KennethDeemer
Welcome aboard…..good to see yinz on the forum.

Kenn, long shot here, but, any relatives named Rick or Ricky in their early/mid 50’s? I don’t see the Deemer name often.
No, but I’ve gotten this question before! My family is from the Butler area originally - now we are all over, mostly north and east of the city.

TurboTec

FNG
Wow lots of Yinzers here congregating virtually . Cheers to a good finish to Pa hunting season and to a start of indoor archery leagues.

I hail from east of the city. Went to grade school in New Kensington a few years with Ricky Deemer. Thought I’d ask.

Keep the hunting fires burning up there. I just visited for the holidays but haven’t been back to hunt in 5 years or so.

Afhunter1

WKR
Welcome. Since most people that do not live in PA thinks everyone is either from Pittsburgh or Philly I’d say I’m “from” Pittsburgh too. Actually east of it about 90 miles but even people from PA haven’t heard of my town.
Where you from? I’m from Schellsburg

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
Any of you guys a member of Lawrence county shooting association?
Their website is shootLCSA.com
I’m from the Youngstown Ohio area and have met quite a few western hunters at that club.

171farm

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter was on a competitive cheer team for years and the gym was in bakerton so I know where your at.

Not many reasons to go up that way though. Ha ha
Wow small world. The owner of the cheer place is my cousin haha