Hall of Fame- Gear Version

Block

WKR
If there’s 1 spendy thing that hurt to buy but I’m glass I did... it’s my 15x56 SwArOs

rayporter

WKR
burris signature rings

always straight
never mark scope
never slip
able to correct poorly drilled holes

slogan outdoors sling

no slip
stretches for comfort

adjustable pack saddle

no more sore backs

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
burris signature rings

always straight
never mark scope
never slip
able to correct poorly drilled holes

slogan outdoors sling

no slip
stretches for comfort

adjustable pack saddle

no more sore backs

Not sure if the nomenclature is referring to the same thing, but Burris Zee rings are another rock star piece of gear. Watched my buddy's rifle, that was wearing a pair of them, take a nasty tumble during a range today. Zero still dead on. Nice finish, stainless steel, reasonable price, and I've never seen a pair with anything but perfect alignment. Solid package.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Soloman quest boots....... kidding, they suck

Probably Kuiu pants for me. Coming from the Midwest, hunting in hand me down blaze orange coveralls with three broken zippers doing drives through tag alder swamps for dad, in the 80s version of sorrels my mind was blown when I put on my first pair of kuiu attack pants..

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Bushnell Legend M series binoculars. Bought my 8x42's used for under $150, and they were a real step up from my Nikon Monarch 5's. Absolutely amazing binoculars for the price. I use them for birding as well as hunting, and they are a pleasure to look through.

Crystal light drink packets - the ones with caffeine. Perfect to keep me from getting caffeine-withdrawal headaches when I don't have morning coffee.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
An ultralight coffee solution that was recommended here on Rokslide

Way better than instant packs, and you can get the little filter packs from any hotel, or on amazon cheap. Good coffee is such a game changer for my mornings.

prm

WKR
The Vortex Viper HD 10x42. Those perform way above their price point. Sold to a friend. Took some 10x Swaro ELs on a hunt and hours of side by side comparison left me impressed.

Burris FFII 3-9. Nothing fancy, but it just keeps working.

Swarp 8x30 CL. The perfect woods hunting bino for me. Small, light, fantastic glass.

Cb750

FNG
alpaca socks! Extremely comfortable and durable and like merino wool, you can get multiple days out of 1 pair. Supposedly they keep you 30% warmer and 30% cooler than wool. I am not sure but they sure are my favorite!
THESE. I wore the same pair most days whitetail bow hunting from October to December in Ontario and was happy no matter the temp.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Leukotape - amazing how it will stay on through multiple days even with wet boots or showering
Kuiu zip off merino bottoms - thought it was just a gimmick until bought a pair on sale
Swaro scope - almost cried when i spent more money on glass than rifle but then was blown away by the difference in clarity and low light performance over my usual $300 scopes. Huge upgrade.

22lr

WKR
Not gear per say... but... Maybe 15 years ago, I found a pair of ole Mossberg bolt action shotguns (1 was 12ga 1 was 20ga) in my local shops deal barrel. They looked functional and I was in the shop at least twice a week talking or looking for something so they knew me. I think I ended up walking out with both of em for like $75. They were rusty and beat up, but I figured why not. I stripped em down to bare metal, painted em up (yup, spraypaint FTW!), refinished the stocks with tung oil and I'll be danged if they didn't work like a freaking champ! They had those old school adjustable chokes, but by george they worked great as well!

They cycled pretty good and I was blown away at how lightweight they were. I understand why they never took off in popularity, but I'm not sure I agree with it. They cycled quickly, ran reliably (even with all my dubious refinishing job) and they even had a decent piece of wood on em. Was a great shotgun and beat the heck out of my single barrel break action...

mlgc20

WKR
Alaska Guide Creations bino harness - Very comfortable and allows me to carry enough to sometimes leave the pack at camp.
Buff (lightweight merino wool) - Allows me to regulate temperature in numerous ways. Goes on every outdoor trip I take.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
I stripped em down to bare metal, painted em up (yup, spraypaint FTW!), refinished the stocks with tung oil and I'll be danged if they didn't work like a freaking champ!

Man Minwax tung oil is probably another one for the list. I'm no woodworking master by any means, and I use that stuff all the time to refinish spearguns that spend a lot of time in ocean water. It holds up beautifully. I've never done a rifle stock with it, but imagine results would be similar.

Screenshot_20200606-203756_Instagram.jpg