Hammer Bullets in 6.5 Grendel

eddiewiggles

FNG
Classified Approved
So a short back story, my dad has a 6.5 Grendel that he’s obsessed with although he’s struggled to find a good load for it. He’s found a few that shot around an inch with alright velocities but that didn’t impress an old man who’s been reloading for 35 years. As an early Christmas present I ordered him some 99gr Hammer Hunters and informed him of all the hype behind them and of course he was not a believer. That’s until he loaded 4 rounds with 3 different charges of powder and shot the group below. He said he knew he flinched a little on one and blames himself. He also got around 2750fps with a 20 inch barrel after he picked the load he liked best. There’s not a surplus of info on the Grendel out there so I figured I would share in case it could help someone. If I had more time to shoot and reload I would be ordering some for myself right now.

1bdcf26eff01f16baee6a8fe64df4985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
The Hammers are impressive. Throw out some more info on powder, charges, etc, to help out some Grendel shooters.

I'd be interested in some of the load data as well. Have a 130 Berger AR Hybrid load that shoots really well but I do prefer Hammers and use them in most of my other rifles.