Hammer Bullets shipping to Canada 🥵

Just here to add a completely independent experience with Steve and Hammer bullets' excellent customer service that has occurred since the debate in this thread originated. Bullets ordered, packed and shipped within 72 hours over a holiday weekend in the middle of the reloading panic of '21. Try that anywhere else.

View attachment 254474
Hammer's customer service is second to none

Why is this everyone's go to move these days??? The second a person doesn't agree with, or changes their mind about a purchase, it's post and bash time on the internet. Did you ever think of buying in bulk? Or here is a revolutionary idea, call the company before posting a rant on the internet.
I just can't get over the fact that his first post clearly states those fee's were not covered, SMH

OP
F

firebird

FNG
Jan 14 at checkout $75 shipping that Steve says “most of that cost is Canada taking their share”
55472227-10E0-4205-8CE7-949D3C7D702C.png

OP
F

firebird

FNG
59854444-CCBE-4ED8-8527-6E196E9F9903.jpegAn additional FedEx bill that is actually the taxes. Not as Steve stated prior to the sale

OP
F

firebird

FNG
The $29.56 additional after I was lead to believe the $75 initial shipping was inclusive.

And how Steve changed his story on the phone yesterday, and also told me I could drive to Kalislell if I didn’t like the shipping price.

Anyone that deals with shipping product across the boarder would also be upset after trying to clarify the cost prior to ordering.

This situation has nothing to do with ITAR and government regulations. As I mentioned earlier a lot of shipping companies (including FedEx) have you prepay the brokerage and duty at the time of purchase, this is completely normal.

So when I’m told that the shipping cost at checkout includes the governments cut, I was completely shocked and annoyed when that in fact was not true

I wasn't on the call but I'm assuming Steve was trying to help you by suggesting you drive and pick them up, Would it have saved you any money? Once again the way I'm reading your exchanges, the shipping cost was on Hammer's end, the duties and taxes are on Canada's end completely out of Hammer's hands, if I'm reading the ITAR agreement correctly they would have no way to calculate anything associated with "Duties and Taxes" as this is your government collections agency , IMO I think you are totally out line , Once again I mean no offense but I assure you they will refund your money

OP
F

firebird

FNG
According to the FedEx girl I’m still on the hook for their brokerage fees even if Steve were to refund the entire cost.
Steve should have said he didn’t know what he was talking about, or he wasn’t sure about what his shipping costs included. Not told me the majority of the cost is the governments share. Not played it off.

OP
F

firebird

FNG
This post could very well stop fellow Canadians from going through this ordeal also. 100% informative for us Canucks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Steve at Hammer, He has returned my calls, provided load data, fast shipping, veterans discounts for my veteran friends. On top of that, I think they make the best bullets out there.

I'm not sure why canadians always think they should get things shipped to them for so cheap, thats just not how things work.

According to the FedEx girl I’m still on the hook for their brokerage fees even if Steve were to refund the entire cost.
Steve should have said he didn’t know what he was talking about, or he wasn’t sure about what his shipping costs included. Not told me the majority of the cost is the governments share. Not played it off.
Once again You have totally misinterpreted what Steve said, The majority of his end of the $74.23 goes to Canada taking their share, he has no way of knowing anything about Canadian Duties and Taxes, that's on your end the same as Australia and Tasmania, I have a very good friend there who buy's lot's of Hammers, He pays Fed Ex shipping cost through Hammer when he orders and still has to pay taxes and duties before he can pick up his bullets "In Tasmania" , You are beating a dead horse here, again no offense intended but you should have studied on this a bit more before you started accusing folks of lying, I do apologize for your lack of understanding of how it all works , again no offense intended

Rob5589

WKR
Sounds like you should be pissed at your own country, not Steve at Hammer. Bunch of over taxing nonsense. That and next time, ask specific questions. Assumptions and implications lead to issues.