Hammer Bullets shipping to Canada 🥵

firebird

FNG
Ordered 100 Hammer hunters and cost me $111 USDto ship it was an additional $75 FedEx.

Bullets have now arrived and FedEx wants another $30 CaD.

total =$260 CAd or $204 USD

When I inquired about the shipping cost today Steve told me that ($75) is only the cost to ship a box of bullets and does not include the Canadian duty and tax and FedEx brokerage.

I order a lot of firearms parts and hunting gear out of the US to Canda there are many ways to ship products and the costs of shipping at the time of purchase are inclusive (include brokerage and tax).

wyosam

WKR
On the bright side, I’d honestly pay that- they are that good. It really sucks that it is costing so much to get them there though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
F

firebird

FNG
They are at FedEx for pickup, I don’t think I’m going to. My wife says I’m really stupid if I do, and like them. Then I’d be paying $100 for shipping for any orders in the future. The bullets I’m shootings now are $54 (100 count) at a local shop and they do their job.
I’d be paying $260 for 100 hammers.

OP
F

firebird

FNG
I forgot to mention back just after Christmas I had contacted Steve about the $75 shipping cost and he implied that the taxes/duties were included in the price. So I placed my order last week under the impression there wouldn’t be any additional charges.

WCB

WKR
So either $204 US for the bullets or $186 and you get no bullets? am I missing something? don't you have to pay for them even if you don't pick them up?

Why not pick them up then offer them up for sale locally and make some money back?

OP
F

firebird

FNG
FedEx will return them if I don’t pick them up. Then I’d have to try and get a refund. If not I’d go to ViSa.

And who in their right mind would I sell them to to recoup my costs. Especially with the ridiculous shipping prices in there.

That’s only half my annoyance

the rest is Steve’s implication that there’s would be no additional charges after the $75 I paid at checkout.

Rob5589

WKR
Never assume, always ask for specifics. Especially when shipping across borders.

Out of curiosity, who is responsible for the taxes and duty fees? The buyer or seller?

OP
F

firebird

FNG
Never assume, always ask for specifics. Especially when shipping across borders.

Out of curiosity, who is responsible for the taxes and duty fees? The buyer or seller?
I did ask and Hammer/Steve said the shipping cost at checkout included the Canadian governments share.
And the buyer is responsible to pay FedEx

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I find myself sending packages across the border frequently, my wife is Canadian and her family is still in BC. I would avoid Fedex if at all possible, maybe ask hammer to switch and ship USPS. I don't know their rules about bullets but shipping costs with Fedex internationally are extremely higher than the regular postal service. Downside is USPS is slow, Christmas stuff this year took about 6-7 weeks but its significantly cheaper. If they let you ship bullets that way I would ask Hammer to try that instead. One package I was going to send Fedex last year was going to be like 120 dollars with them and was around $15 with USPS

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot. That's tough. I've run into this almost every time I've tried to use Fedex

OP
F

firebird

FNG
Initial email on Dec 31st about the shipping cost. Then the order to placed was slightly different with $75 for shipping. Final attachments the FedEx email for taxes and duty which Steve says makes up most of his shipping cost.

OP
F

firebird

FNG
This same thread got deleted on Long Rnage Hunting Forum because they are a sponsor over there

I wouldn’t say that the screen shot you posted says that all taxes and duties were covered in the shipping fees. I could see how one might infer that but it is not what he said.

Did you discuss with Steve before posting complaints on the internet?

Last edited:
OP
F

firebird

FNG
I wouldn’t say that the screen shot you posted says that all taxes and duties were covered in the shipping fees. I could see how one might infer that but it is not what he said.

Did you discuss with Steve before posting complaints on the internet?

The words taxes and duties were not used but when I specifically referenced shipping costs what is his response ‘Canada taking their share’ referring too???

“Hey Steve I went to order some bullets and shipping was $60 to Canada!!!??”

he replies

“Most of that cost is Canada taking their share.”

Which is completely BS because his shipping cost at checkout is ALL FedEx and the government charged the additional $30 on top later

I spoke to Steve on the phone before posting this. I brought up the fact I purchased the bullets because he implied the cost at checkout was inclusive with no additional charges (“most of the cost is Canada taking their share”). He said I could refuse the delivery and get ahold of him when the bullets were returned. I asked him what the $75 shipping covered and he gave me the same line about Canada taking its share. I said no that’s why I got charged the extra $30. Our conversation ended with him telling me I could drive to kallispell and pick up the order if I didn’t like the shipping.

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
This same thread got deleted on Long Rnage Hunting Forum because they are a sponsor over there
So, you posted your complaints here instead?

Your hang up is the $29.56 that you feel Steve "implied" was included somewhere along the way? Yet, you said the tax and duty is the buyers responsibility. So how could Hammer know what that amount would be in order to add it to the shipping cost?

Just trying to understand your gripe??

OP
F

firebird

FNG
So, you posted your complaints here instead?

Your hang up is the $29.56 that you feel Steve "implied" was included somewhere along the way? Yet, you said the tax and duty is the buyers responsibility. So how could Hammer know what that amount would be in order to add it to the shipping cost?

Just trying to understand your gripe??
In regards to shipping from the USA to Canada, Almost everything I order unless specified otherwise includes PREPAID tax and duty. It is calculated at checkout. Speeds up the shipment time and package does not get stopped at customs. (You maybe wouldn’t know that since you are a US resident)

again this goes back to me asking why his shipping cost was so high and him replying because most of the cost was “Canada taking their share”

HIS shipping cost = Canada (government) taking their share (taxes).

I don’t care if it’s 25 cents or in this case the $30. He was full of sh!t