Hammer Bullets shipping to Canada 🥵

They are at FedEx for pickup, I don’t think I’m going to. My wife says I’m really stupid if I do, and like them. Then I’d be paying $100 for shipping for any orders in the future. The bullets I’m shootings now are $54 (100 count) at a local shop and they do their job.
I’d be paying $260 for 100 hammers.
I pay ~$60 for 100 monoliths (Barnes LRX or TTSX) with free shipping to Alaska from midwayusa.com.

WCB

WKR
FedEx will return them if I don’t pick them up. Then I’d have to try and get a refund. If not I’d go to ViSa.

And who in their right mind would I sell them to to recoup my costs. Especially with the ridiculous shipping prices in there.

That’s only half my annoyance

the rest is Steve’s implication that there’s would be no additional charges after the $75 I paid at checkout.
I said recoup "some" of your cost. That is why I asked if you were 100% on the hook for them. If the difference was pay the duty and get them or not get them and pay the initial charge you could sell them for say $150 and at least recoup that much.

Also, since you have gone back and forth with Steve and he said you can contact him when the bullets arrive...did you ask him specifically if you will get refunded the full amount paid thus far?

Initial email on Dec 31st about the shipping cost. Then the order to placed was slightly different with $75 for shipping. Final attachments the FedEx email for taxes and duty which Steve says makes up most of his shipping cost.
As was pointed out on LRH, The words taxes and duties were never seen in the email

"and does not include the Canadian duty and tax and FedEx brokerage."

OP
F

firebird

FNG
BUTTERBEAN
I pointed it out to you over there.

Steve says in his email that MOST of the SHIPPING COST is CANADA TAKING THEIR SHARE.

Nots not true at all. The shipping I paid to him was 100% just the shipping

Why don’t you understand that. He lied, or was really wrong. And did not admit when I called him after

it’s cause your his buddy on his own forum

This same thread got deleted on Long Rnage Hunting Forum because they are a sponsor over there
It didn't get deleted because He's a sponsor, It got deleted because you are saying two entirely different things

Ordered 100 Hammer hunters and cost me $111 USDto ship it was an additional $75 FedEx.

Bullets have now arrived and FedEx wants another $30 CaD.

total =$260 CAd or $204 USD

When I inquired about the shipping cost today Steve told me that ($75) is only the cost to ship a box of bullets and does not include the Canadian duty and tax and FedEx brokerage.

I order a lot of firearms parts and hunting gear out of the US to Canda there are many ways to ship products and the costs of shipping at the time of purchase are inclusive (include brokerage and tax)

BUTTERBEAN
I pointed it out to you over there.

Steve says in his email that MOST of the SHIPPING COST is CANADA TAKING THEIR SHARE.

Nots not true at all. The shipping I paid to him was 100% just the shipping

Why don’t you understand that. He lied, or was really wrong. And did not admit when I called him after

it’s cause your his buddy on his own foru
Calling a man a liar is bold , he will refund your money, read your own post, Shipping cost do not include taxes or duties ITAR

When I inquired about the shipping cost today Steve told me that ($75) is only the cost to ship a box of bullets and does not include the Canadian duty and tax and FedEx brokerage.

And as I'm new here I don't want to offend anyone but I did read the Forum Rules, I'm assuming you did not

The Rokslide forums are all about sharing information and communicating with others in a positive, upbeat atmosphere. Our forum posting rules are very simple: no whining, crying, sobbing, bitching, sniveling, sulking, bickering, name-calling, complaining, or pouting! If you feel compelled to do any of the above, there are plenty of other website forums out there that allow such behavior. We don't delete accounts either. If you are done with the forum just don't post anymore. But if you are a problem child, we will ban you without notice. Now that you understand our rules, post away and enjoy!

OP
F

firebird

FNG
BUTTERBEAN you are correct and that’s my whole point here!!

I his email on December 31 2020 prior to the sale he told the cost is “Canada taking their share”

and on Jan 18 2021 he told me the opposite on the phone that the shipping cost DID NOT INcLuDe “Canada taking its share”

He changed his story after I bought the bullets

OP
F

firebird

FNG
I may be complaining but I’m warning ever other Canadian as to how he conducts business.

and I didn’t started the thread with he’s a liar. I was just pointing out the high costs of getting the bullets to Canada.

I got into the details when others didn’t understand or where asking questions

FEENIX

FNG
And as I'm new here I don't want to offend anyone but I did read the Forum Rules, I'm assuming you did not

The Rokslide forums are all about sharing information and communicating with others in a positive, upbeat atmosphere. Our forum posting rules are very simple: no whining, crying, sobbing, bitching, sniveling, sulking, bickering, name-calling, complaining, or pouting! If you feel compelled to do any of the above, there are plenty of other website forums out there that allow such behavior. We don't delete accounts either. If you are done with the forum just don't post anymore. But if you are a problem child, we will ban you without notice. Now that you understand our rules, post away and enjoy!
It's one of the first things I read before joining. As it appears, just like LRH, he keeps on advancing with complete disregard of the forum rules instead of resolving it privately with the vendor.

BUTTERBEAN you are correct and that’s my whole point here!!

I his email on December 31 2020 prior to the sale he told the cost is “Canada taking their share”

and on Jan 18 2021 he told me the opposite on the phone that the shipping cost DID NOT INcLuDe “Canada taking its share”

He changed his story after I bought the bullets
I think you misunderstood what he said, I've read all your post and I understood it perfectly, I don't see any reason for you to be upset other than living in Canada

FEENIX

FNG
Never assume, always ask for specifics. Especially when shipping across borders.

Out of curiosity, who is responsible for the taxes and duty fees? The buyer or seller?
It's the buyer's responsibility. Below is extracted from the seller's website, see last sentence ...

International Purchases​

This product is export controlled by the U.S. Commerce Department under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Export of these commodities require the prior authorization of the U.S. Commerce Department, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS). An export license is required for these products. However, for orders less than US $500, export may be may under EAR License Exception LVS – Low Value Shipment. Orders for more than US $500 will require an export license. At this time, Hammer Bullets is not able to accept or process export orders which require an export license.

Please note: License exception LVS has an annual limit of US $6000 per calendar year.

Order received from foreign buyers are subject to screening for denied or prohibited parties in compliance with all US export laws. Order acceptance will be contingent upon successful completion of export screening and we will be under no liability whatsoever for our refusal to accept any order based on negative screening results.

All applicable taxes and duties will be paid by the purchaser.

OP
F

firebird

FNG
You guys are right

I didn’t start this to bash Steve. But neither has he attempted to make anything right other than to have me refuse the shipping and have them sent back. (Which FedEx can still go after me for the charges)

He has not responded to me via email after or phone conversation.

Everyone is entitled to their interpretations and opinion so I apologize if I went after anyone.

#1 I am disappointed with Steve and the whole situation, I have read about his bullets for years and I had some extra Christmas bonus money and I thought I’d finally break down and try some bullets, but with the costs associated and his lack of caring that won’t be happening.

You guys are right

I didn’t start this to bash Steve. But neither has he attempted to make anything right other than to have me refuse the shipping and have them sent back. (Which FedEx can still go after me for the charges)

Everyone is entitled to their interpretations and opinion so I apologize if I went after anyone.

#1 I am disappointed with Steve and the whole situation, I have read about his bullets for years and I had some extra Christmas bonus money and I thought I’d finally break down and try some bullets, but with the costs associated and his lack of caring that won’t be happening.
Well you are bashing and I apologize for all your ITAR complications but Steve has nothing to do with that once they leave his premises and cross the border, Once again I think you misunderstood what is perfectly clear to everyone else , No Offense Intended

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Why is this everyone's go to move these days??? The second a person doesn't agree with, or changes their mind about a purchase, it's post and bash time on the internet. Did you ever think of buying in bulk? Or here is a revolutionary idea, call the company before posting a rant on the internet.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
You guys are right

"Make it right?" Dude-you placed the order. This is insane. You sound like a petulant, entitled child.

OXN939

WKR
Just here to add a completely independent experience with Steve and Hammer bullets' excellent customer service that has occurred since the debate in this thread originated. Bullets ordered, packed and shipped within 72 hours over a holiday weekend in the middle of the reloading panic of '21. Try that anywhere else.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 10.02.52 AM.png