Hammock Gear burrow quilt

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone here use the Hammock Gear Burrow? Seems like a great deal, but the max width is only 55". For those who have used these for sleeping on the ground, did you find it to be an issue?

gphil

Lil-Rokslider
I have never used one but I did just order one. If you do get one I would wait for a sale if you can, I have seen them go 15% off twice in the last 4 weeks or so

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I did actually go this route last year. I bought the econ burrow 10 degree. Used it with a bivy and SG SkyAir lightweight tarp. As long as you specify you will be using it with sleeping pad and get the sleeping pad suspension it will work just fine....that being said i did run into issues.

I had run this in cold snowy weather. While i did not get cold per say i did have to deal with a good amount of condensation which turned to be shit show when i was not able to dry things out during the day. Also snow was heavy enough to collapse my tent onto my bicy, that was fun lol. Even then didn't get cold during these nights and say it got down to 10-20 degrees or so.

During their last sale i actually picked up a 10 degree underquilt and picked up their hammock. With the weight trade off of not bringing trekking poles for my tarp/tent setup it ended up being the same weight. Excited to try this as when shit went south last year i used my old hammock and used my HG Econ Top quilt as an underquilt and used an older synthetic sleeping bag on the inside and worked terrific.

Drenalin

WKR
Anyone here use the Hammock Gear Burrow? Seems like a great deal, but the max width is only 55". For those who have used these for sleeping on the ground, did you find it to be an issue?
My Katabatic quilt is 58" and I don't think I'd want it any smaller. But it's going to depend some on how big you are and how much you squirm around at night. I'm 6' about 225 for reference. Tons of guys using Hammock Gear's quilts on the ground though, so unless you're pretty large I don't think you'd have a problem.

eh254413

Lil-Rokslider
I got a 20 degree for using in my hammock but did get the wide with sleep pad straps. Wouldn't change a thing about it. Super high quality for the price.

dmozer74

FNG
I’ve been using a 20* Econ Burrow on the ground for the last year and a half or so. Last summer I was 225 lbs as a 6’ guy. Im a side sleeper and I move around a fair bit; I didn’t have any issues. I sleep about average for temp and I love the ability to tuck completely under when it’s cold or throw a leg out when it’s hot. Buy the wide option and the ground pad kit. It’ll be the best decision you’ve made.

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
I think you will be fine with a 55”. I use a 58” quilt but a I’m a rodeo sleeper. I used my viam outdoor 0 degree quilt down to -15. I will never ever ever go back to a sleeping bag.