Hammock Gear Burrow & Sleep System

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t really see a whole lot of people talking about hammock gear quilts on here, and while I’m not an expert by any means, was quite surprised at how the 20 degree Econ Burrow held up in the temps.

Got to test out my sleep system with the cold front these past few days: HG Econ Burrow, Klymit UL Pad and SO Cimaron, all new to me.

Weather: 27 degrees and 20 - 30 mph winds.

HG Econ Burrow Wide 20/No Overstuff: 25.5 ounces with the stuff sack, I wasn’t quite sure how it was going to do. I’m new to everything backcountry and was skepitical about the weight and it being warm, but man was I wrong. (Down is amazing) Slept in wrangler outdoor pants and a BlackOvis Merino hoodie and was shedding both of them quickly. I have the zippered foot box option as well and had no issues with my feet getting cold.

I see a lot of people complain about EE bags and their loft when they receive them, (older ones from what I can tell) or lack there of. I almost bought one before pulling the trigger on HG, and this was not an issue with the HG.

Klymit UL Pad: 11.5 ounces w/sack, 1.3 r value.

I’ve read great things and bad things about Klymit, the only thing I can say on it after limited one night use is it didn’t have any factory defects, held air all night and kept me warm, and for $35 on Amazon itll be great for summer scouting trips and early bow season. I can see how a wide sleeping pad would be more comfortable, but I think for now I will stick to regular.

I know the r value is low, but I sleep warm and for summer and early bow season in Colorado I think this will work just fine.

Seek Outside Cimaron

I went floorless to save weight and while I know these aren’t extreme weather condition was extremely happy with how it did. Kept the wind off me and kept me warm (it simply did it’s job). Will update with more info after more use.

I also used a Tyvek ground sheet.

I scowered this forum when I pieced together my sleep system, and appreciate the input!

Just my 2 cents.