Hammocks

OP
Wojo14

Wojo14

WKR
I'd pay $200 for that setup for sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I second that!
There is a guy on this site that builds shelter. Looks like he did good work too. I wonder if he could build one?
Could probable get the Warbonnet Super tarp and buy a stove jack and get it installed too.

~Wojo

twall13

WKR
I have the warbonnet Superfly and it's fantastic but with the cat cuts and design I don't think it would be ideal for a stove. It won't pitch tight to the ground and it's meant for the hammock to go up the middle so you wouldn't get as much room for a stove. It could certainly work but there would be enough drafts and issues that I wouldn't personally think it's worth carrying the stove. It's not a bad idea to have someone else make something though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. Make sure whatever straps you choose they are made from polyester and not nylon. Nylon stretches.
Polyester does not. I'm currently using the ENO polyester straps. They don't stretch. I tried the nylon ones and experienced the same thing as the previous poster. Personally, I'm fixin' on ordering dutchware cinch buckle suspension. I've tried 4 different systems over the years but, can't reason any would be as fast and simple as those. God Bless

I have the Cinch buckles with poly/dyneema 15' straps and Dutch Buckles now and really like this over the Eno huggers and woopies I had before. It is much faster to set up.
That said Dutch has a new buckle that will be out very soon called the Beattle buckle I will be trying as well.

Gotta laugh at some of the comments from hammock haters...especially those suggesting they are only good to temps in the 70s or how difficult it can be to find a place to set up. ROTF!

Hammocks don't require a flat spot, a dry spot, a location without rocks and roots. For hunts where I will be constantly on the move and setting up camp late in the day or even late at night, finding a place to hang is always easier than finding a place to set up a tent. I have slept on 60 degree slopes.

In a bitterly windy week-long hunt I slept in a different spot every night, evening temps were averaging teens and mid 20s during the day. It stopped snowing for about 2 hours that week. Many will lug a tent and small stove but a properly insulated 4 season hammock retains heat more efficiently than a tent without a stove and stoves are a P.I.T.A. to maintain IMHO. I have back issues and going to ground leaves me aching in the morning...in a hammock I sleep much deeper and without pain. http://www.criticalcactus.com/hammock-sleeping-benefits/

Hammocks are not for everyone, appears to be a love it or leave kinda thing. I think that's because many guys never make it past the steep learning curve. Whoopie slings are a must, being able to modify the angle of your dangle instantly saves you time and frustration. Get the book THE PERFECT HANG. Learn the easy way. I've hung in places with no trees...between a tractor and a fence on a farm. No prob! Ya gotta be creative sometimes.

Last edited:

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I have used my warbonnet set up at 15 degrees. Toasty warm with 0 degree UQ and layering 20 and 30 degree top quills. Next time I won't take the 30 and only use the 20. Proper hammock insulation works that well. True to temp ratings.