Hamskea Epsilon Mathews mount on older models

Jimbob

WKR
Hello,

has anyone tried using the Mathews mount to attach their Epsilon to a vertix or maybe a traverse?

I emailed Hamskea and they said the mount is not APPROVED for the 2020 or 2019 vertix. I asked why its not approved but they haven't got back to me.

One of their marketing pitches is that the rest will line up at 13/16" center shot when mounted out of the box so I'm wondering if this is the only difference when mounting it to a vertix (it will need adjusting to get to 13/16").

Obviously I don't care if it hits 13/16" out of the box I just want to know if it will work and I'll have enough adjustment to tune.

All the picture show the Vertix and V3 berger hole looking identical so I think it will work. Also, I read a youtube comment that a guy used the mount on his Traverse, but who can trust youtube comments?

I'm going to try and get a hold of my buddy who has a V3 to take some measurements.

Anyways, just wondering if maybe someone here has already tried it. The Matthews mount for the rest is just so clean compared to the universal.

There's no give in it for in/out. So while I agree in not being worried about center shot, if for example your vertix doesn't have the integrate (can't remember right now when it came out, or any variance) and the Berger hole is 11/16 inside of the back of the riser, while the new system is 3/4, it won't work.

I can get some calipers if needed, give you a distance from back of riser to Berger hole. That should give you an idea.

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
Thanks, Billy

I would appreciate it if you could give me a measurement. When looking at pictures it looks the same but like you said there is no adjustment so it needs to be exact.

Thanks, Billy

I would appreciate it if you could give me a measurement. When looking at pictures it looks the same but like you said there is no adjustment so it needs to be exact.

I'm getting .260" from the riser to the closest portion of the Berger hole. Measuring inside the threaded hole, to the back of the integrate dovetail.

The center of the hole in the epsilon rest is .360" best I can tell, from the flat shelf that sets on the riser..

devinhal

FNG
Hello,

has anyone tried using the Mathews mount to attach their Epsilon to a vertix or maybe a traverse?

I emailed Hamskea and they said the mount is not APPROVED for the 2020 or 2019 vertix. I asked why its not approved but they haven't got back to me.

One of their marketing pitches is that the rest will line up at 13/16" center shot when mounted out of the box so I'm wondering if this is the only difference when mounting it to a vertix (it will need adjusting to get to 13/16").

Obviously I don't care if it hits 13/16" out of the box I just want to know if it will work and I'll have enough adjustment to tune.

All the picture show the Vertix and V3 berger hole looking identical so I think it will work. Also, I read a youtube comment that a guy used the mount on his Traverse, but who can trust youtube comments?

I'm going to try and get a hold of my buddy who has a V3 to take some measurements.

Anyways, just wondering if maybe someone here has already tried it. The Matthews mount for the rest is just so clean compared to the universal.
The reason the Mathews Approved Bracket is only for 2020 or newer bows is due to the riser thickness. In 2020 Mathews increased the thickness of the riser when they released the VXR bows. This doesn't just affect if the rest will be sitting at 13/16 out of the package, it will also decrease the amount of windage travel you are able to make during tuning. For this reason we recommend using the Universal Bracket with the bows released before 2020.

Holocene

WKR
I'm using the universal bracket on a 2018 Mathews Halon X Comp and it works perfectly.

Really liking this rest, particularly since the micro adjust knobs are easier to reach and turn compared to former models.

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
The reason the Mathews Approved Bracket is only for 2020 or newer bows is due to the riser thickness. In 2020 Mathews increased the thickness of the riser when they released the VXR bows. This doesn't just affect if the rest will be sitting at 13/16 out of the package, it will also decrease the amount of windage travel you are able to make during tuning. For this reason we recommend using the Universal Bracket with the bows released before 2020.
Good stuff thanks.

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
The Mathews specific mount fit just fine on my vertix. It is a VERY clean mount and I am very happy I went with it. When mounted I had to make adjustments to get a 13/16" center shot but I still have adjustment left.

I'm using the universal bracket\epsilon on a trx, the rest body sits several mm's proud of the inside of the riser...not an ideal situation...with big Fletched for indoor there may be a risk of contact if your using a 27 sized arrow and are running inside of 13\16ths to correct a left tear

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk