Hamskea HH Pro rest noise

Kindo

WKR
Anyone have any ideas to remedy this issue? I’ve read to maybe get some plastic screws or perhaps a longer screw for the bottom. I can shine a light through the set screw hole and see definitive indents into the aluminum shaft inside the rest. Maybe this is just a bad rest?

i guess I can’t upload the short clip I made duplicating the sound. Basically, it’s a loud metallic sound when the plunger drops. The plunger is not making any contact with riser and all screws are tight.

Thanks!

If anyone wants to see the video, I’d be happy to text or email it to those who are more savvy with compounds.

bsnedeker

WKR
Reach out to hamskea, they have great customer service... always answer the phone when I call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
If it’s a micro adjust version the knobs for those can make noise if they are loose. Tighten the set screws then make sure the knobs are tight also.

devinhal

FNG
The metal on metal contact you are hearing is when the carrier rod rotates into the stop screws. If it is hitting so hard that it is really loud, I would move the activation cord a little ways down the limb. You want the cord to be tight when the bow is at rest and completely slack when you get to full draw. With some of today's bows like the Mathews V3 or new Hoyts, the limbs flex so much that it puts a lot of extra force if you attach to the tip of the limb. Moving it down the limb a couple inches really helps with this.

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
The metal on metal contact you are hearing is when the carrier rod rotates into the stop screws. If it is hitting so hard that it is really loud, I would move the activation cord a little ways down the limb. You want the cord to be tight when the bow is at rest and completely slack when you get to full draw. With some of today's bows like the Mathews V3 or new Hoyts, the limbs flex so much that it puts a lot of extra force if you attach to the tip of the limb. Moving it down the limb a couple inches really helps with this.
Thanks Devin,
I think I’ve actually been in touch with you at Hamskea regarding this. I brought it into the local pro shop to get a second opinion to make sure it wasn’t just me and they all agreed that something does not seem right. I believe they’ve reached out to you as well but I haven’t heard anything back from the shop since Tuesday. I left the bow with them in case they needed to provide you with any further info so I can’t get you a picture of where the string is attached to the limb. Bryan (Brian?) did try moving the attachment point up and down the limb a bit while I was there and I don’t think it made any difference.

There seems to be abnormal wear on the carrier rod where it contacts the stop screw and that seems to be making the metallic sound and then the vibration. I’m not a tech though and that’s why I’ve always had them install and do all my bow work. I’m hoping it can get figured out as it will be far too loud for whitetails this coming fall. I’m really hoping to get it squared away before my Turkey season in a couple weeks though.

Thanks for helping.