Hamskea Hybrid Hunter SO LOUD

devinhal

FNG
I just got a Trinity rest, a little worried now...but really want to upgrade from the QAD Hunter that came with my bow.
There is no reason to be worried. Our rests are great when they are set up properly. If you have any questions with your bow and attaching the Trinity, just let me know. You can message me on here or call me at the Hamskea office.
970-978-8490 ex: 2

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Limbdriver ProV. Just a P.I.T.A to set up and tune compared to others in my opinion
Complete opposite for me. It was probably the easiest rest to set up and tuned very quickly, but was also the loudest. I could not get rid of that cord twang no matter what I did or how or where I attached it. The day I took it off the bow and put on an old Hostage rest that really is dead silent on the draw and shot was quite a relief.

I just bought a Hamskea Hybrid to try.......never liked the Versarest. I really love my QAD HDX on my PSE, but the cable travel on my Old Glory is so great that the QAD cord is ridiculously long and was hanging up on everything. So trying the Hybrid.......it better be silent or I'll be back to the Hostage again on that bow.

Complete opposite for me. It was probably the easiest rest to set up and tuned very quickly, but was also the loudest. I could not get rid of that cord twang no matter what I did or how or where I attached it. The day I took it off the bow and put on an old Hostage rest that really is dead silent on the draw and shot was quite a relief.

I just bought a Hamskea Hybrid to try.......never liked the Versarest. I really love my QAD HDX on my PSE, but the cable travel on my Old Glory is so great that the QAD cord is ridiculously long and was hanging up on everything. So trying the Hybrid.......it better be silent or I'll be back to the Hostage again on that bow.

Attach the cord with a prussic knot and I think you'll find the Hamskea to be very quiet. I noticed it had some twang when I attached it with the included football and didn't like that at all.

3forks

WKR
I’ve been using nothing but Hamskea rests for several years.

I never really noticed Hamskeas being loud, and shot QAD before Hamskea.

The only issue I’ve had is that I had the cord tensioner positioned a little low and the oscillation of the string would make the tensioner move and cause the launcher to not fully drop. That issue was resolved by moving the tensioner and serving it in place.

Anyway, for what it‘s worth I‘ve never really noticed anyone who is shooting newer equipment having a loud bow these days, and I shoot a lot both indoors and outside. Maybe my bows are loud and I’ve just never noticed it?

I just got a Trinity rest, a little worried now...but really want to upgrade from the QAD Hunter that came with my bow.
The Rebound Dampener does the same thing as the Dampening Coil Spring, just in a little different way. If you have the Rebound Dampener, you don't need the Coil Spring any more. I have been using the Dampener for well over a year now and absolutely love it. Use it on my hunting and target rigs with great success. We released a new lever arm so that you can eliminate the spring and just rely on the Dampener. Here is a link.
Large Tear Drop Lever Arm
Thanks Devin, so can I just remove the spring and use the lever arm that came with my trinity or do I need the large tear drop lever arm?

devinhal

FNG
Thanks Devin, so can I just remove the spring and use the lever arm that came with my trinity or do I need the large tear drop lever arm?
If you want to use the Rebound Dampener, you will need to get the new Large Tear Drop Lever Arm.

ndayton

WKR
I always though my bow was rather noisy not tying it to the Hamskea rest, then yesterday I re adjusted the tie off location on my limb from where the bow shop set it on the very end of the limb to 2" and re tied it using a prusik knot
Holy crap was that a night and day difference, I was checking arrow flight when on the first shot I didn't hear a "crack" sound and immediately noticed my bow was much quieter.

devinhal

FNG
The location where you attach the activation cord on the limb is more important than a lot of people realize. Glad you were able to improve the performance on your bow.

The location where you attach the activation cord on the limb is more important than a lot of people realize. Glad you were able to improve the performance on your bow.
So how do you determine the best location? I set up my Mathews V3 with the optional limb cord attachment bracket. I feel like my rest is noisy as well. Should I ditch the bracket and use the standard limb mount pad moved a couple of inches up the limb?

devinhal

FNG
So how do you determine the best location? I set up my Mathews V3 with the optional limb cord attachment bracket. I feel like my rest is noisy as well. Should I ditch the bracket and use the standard limb mount pad moved a couple of inches up the limb?
On the V3 I found that attaching the activation cord 2-2.5" from the limb tip with a knobby limb pad to be the best location. The V3 specifically has a lot of limb flex and makes the Limb Cord Attachment Bracket not the ideal method.

On the V3 I found that attaching the activation cord 2-2.5" from the limb tip with a knobby limb pad to be the best location. The V3 specifically has a lot of limb flex and makes the Limb Cord Attachment Bracket not the ideal method.
I'll give a try tonight. Thank you!

I forgot to update, but I brought my trinity to a local shop to get that and a new sight put on, so far I love it, has been very quiet for me, much quieter than my QAD hunter rest.

devinhal

FNG
Glad you are happy with our product. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I ended up buying the new dampener and installed it, which did help with the noise (moving the limb attachment away from the end didn't make a big difference to me).

One question- since the dampener is tied in and there is no quick release to let off the tension, the rest stays in the down position all the time except at full draw. Is this going to wear out the internal spring or cause durability problems?

Do I leave it like this all the time or take the tension off if not shooting for a while?

devinhal

FNG
I ended up buying the new dampener and installed it, which did help with the noise (moving the limb attachment away from the end didn't make a big difference to me).

One question- since the dampener is tied in and there is no quick release to let off the tension, the rest stays in the down position all the time except at full draw. Is this going to wear out the internal spring or cause durability problems?

Do I leave it like this all the time or take the tension off if not shooting for a while?
We haven't found any negative effects from leaving the cord under tension for long periods of time. I can tell you that no one at Hamskea releases the tension on any bows when they don't plan on shooting for awhile.

I have had Hamskea HHP's on my VXR 28s since the VXRs came out. Ive never had the first issue with any of them and dont find them to be loud. Cant see myself using any other rest at this point. I do use BCY #24 d loop material instead of the supplied cord as the BCY is just a more taught material and has virtually zero stretch. Hard to explain really, but I just dont like the supplied cord, feels like the bow 'returns to zero' faster with the thicker and more rigid BCY material. Maybe even help with the noise and once the whale tail drops, its doesnt vibrate as much. I still use the old style football clamps and springs, never had a problem with those either.

Attachments

• 903CD0CA-4E8D-4FF1-9A44-21BAE6B5631C.jpeg
    903CD0CA-4E8D-4FF1-9A44-21BAE6B5631C.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 28