Handling your business

Just to add to everyone’s recommendations:

serving thread of various sizes
Arrow leveling kit (sorry if mentioned already)
Nock pliers (the Easton kind)

As for the conversation about building a bow press, that’s up to your engineering skill. I’d highly recommend just spending the $400 on the press. In fact you can order one from black Ovis and use the Rokslide discount to get some money off.

Hoot

WKR
Bow press
Draw board
Bow scale
Arrow saw
Fletching Jig
Bowvise
Arrow scale
Serving Jig
Hex and torx set
Paper rack and target bag for tuning

This...

and a couple other tools associated of course. I like hamskea 3rd axis leveler. I like various other levels and clamps to make sure my bow is perfectly plumb. Arrow squaring device. Bow square, tape measure, lighter, etc.

Last edited:
Some of my friends really underrate archery. I've tried it for the first time when I was 12, and there was no way back. I was obsessed and wanted to do it every day. Of course, I didn't have many possibilities back then, since the equipment was way too expensive for someone who comes from a poor family with 4 kids. I was heartbroken. I kept dreaming about my own bow and arrow and even started doing chores and favors here and there, hoping to save for my own equipment. Eventually, I gave up, thinking that it will never happen to me, and didn't want to end up more heartbroken. Skip 20 years later, I have my own archery shop, and I'm very proud of it. Never give up, and learn how to running costs of your business!
Nice, congratulations! That’s fantastic, I’ve been thinking about how a good local shop could succeed here!

Smells like spam cooking to me.
We had a shop that just closed but they were not ever very stocked since I moved here.
I am not the one to run it yet. But I think there is a lot of folks who could use a good shop locally PLUS all the folks who travel to Alaska to hunt. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Unless you thought his message was spam…🤔 dang it.

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
If you look on archerytalk theres a fella there that builds bow presses, but he also put on an exact materials list and instructions on how to build his exact press if you want to do that and he sells fingers separately too. I bought a used bow-a-constrictor press for 350 since I don't have access to a welder. Check craigslist periodically.

Beyond that, as has already been stated, draw board(easy to build for 60 bucks, fletching tools, bow vise, d loop tool, arrow and string level.