Hands free carry

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished creating a new hands free carry method while wearing a pack. I have a gun bearer and SG system but both leave me wanting in areas. So I designed this.
Simple adjustable strap with clip on end for hands free front carry. The weight of the gun offsets the pack weight and balances the load on your back. Adjusted properly the but stock rides high on your shooting shoulder and muzzle is low in front. No need to unclip to shoot, simply the grab rifle and shoot. Right now in using cord to attach the gun. Up front I run a loop of cord through the front swivel hole and back through its self to create the loop then just clip to that end. On the stock end you could use a Velcro on buttstock single point sling attachment or just another loop of cord around the grip area. The webbing is attached to the pack straps with quick detach clips.
I have worn this system with or without bino harness. Without is simple. With I find the sling needs to be adjusted so the gun rides below the bag. Any thoughts or comments?

Attachments

• 20201001_125017.jpg
    20201001_125017.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 20201001_125314.jpg
    20201001_125314.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 20201001_125248.jpg
    20201001_125248.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 217

22lr

WKR
Looks interesting. I wore my M4 on a semi-simalier system on my last deployment. Ran a clip up through my IOTV vest and then onto the gun, so it was clipped onto my vest (a buckle disconnect between the 2). It wasn't great for walking around all day with a slung weapon, but super convenient when transitioning from low ready to hands free for small tasks.

How well does this work for you with trekking poles and going through heavy brush?

OP
O

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Looks interesting. I wore my M4 on a semi-simalier system on my last deployment. Ran a clip up through my IOTV vest and then onto the gun, so it was clipped onto my vest (a buckle disconnect between the 2). It wasn't great for walking around all day with a slung weapon, but super convenient when transitioning from low ready to hands free for small tasks.

How well does this work for you with trekking poles and going through heavy brush?

Works perfectly for me. I run carbine s mostly so 16-20" barrels the rifle stays within my body width with the barrel generally hanging just above my knee. No issue using poles for me whatsoever

I’ve thought about trying something like this with QD swivels on my bow. I keep talking myself out of it because with my luck I’d fall on it and derail my string haha

OP
O

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve thought about trying something like this with QD swivels on my bow. I keep talking myself out of it because with my luck I’d fall on it and derail my string haha
I use a simple DIY sling for my bow that allows me to shoot with it on. It's very much like this. My bow can be carried either at my side or in front of my body.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-063959_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-063959_Chrome.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 39