Hanging mount on picture rail molding

I have a mule deer european mount on a plaque with the basic metal notch to hang on a heavy screw or bolt (see pic). I now live in a house with lath and plaster walls that I prefer not to drill into. But the walls also have picture rail moldings, which I utilize now for all my pictures. Works great using the basic hook and wire for framed pictures, but don't see how it would work for a skull mount.

Does anybody have expereince hanging a mount on picture rail molding? I'm wanting to hang it about 12"-14" below the molding. Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_1560.jpgIMG_1561.jpg

Don't have pics as i did it in my old house. But it can be done. The way I did it was to remove the single screw holder like you have on there and then attach two screws with a wire between them just like on your paintings. Put them about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way down with the wire loose enough that it is just hidden when hanging. Depending on how the skull is tilted you may have to play with the hanging wire to get it to sit flush against the wall.