Hanwag boot height

RallySquirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a little comparison for those who have run a pair of Meindl Perfekt hikers. I have worn out 3 pairs in the last 12 years and I'm trying to find a replacement. The boot really worked well for me for daily use. I tried a pair of Crispi's and the toe box was just a bit wide. I was thinking about going with a pair of Hanwag Tratra II's GTX or the Alaska GTX. The trouble I am having is I'm struggling to find out how tall these boots are. I tried calling Hanwag asking about whether they would consider these boots a hiker. Unfortunately, the guy at Hanwag was pretty vague about how tall these boots really are. Any feedback would be appreciated!

jmez

WKR
The Alaska is taller than a normal hiker. I can measure mine tonight. If the normal height of a hiker is 8 inches the Alaska would be around 10.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Happen to be wearing my Hanwag Alaska’s today. These are my first of Hanwag boots. Have always used Lowa Tibet Hi, Crispi Guides, and a variety of Meindls the past ten years or so. The Hanwag height is a bit odd in that it’s not quite a tall boot but more than I what I think of when I hear hiker model. I will say I was very impressed with how light the Alaska is for a full leather boot. Have only wore them around the office so far to get a basic break-in and would feel comfortable using them on a long hike in the hills now. Edited to add these are size 11.

Attachments

• 75B3A9B4-AF8D-4892-9EB1-A90D7C219BA5.jpeg
    75B3A9B4-AF8D-4892-9EB1-A90D7C219BA5.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 33

jofes

WKR
Happen to be wearing my Hanwag Alaska’s today. These are my first of Hanwag boots. Have always used Lowa Tibet Hi, Crispi Guides, and a variety of Meindls the past ten years or so. The Hanwag height is a bit odd in that it’s not quite a tall boot but more than I what I think of when I hear hiker model. I will say I was very impressed with how light the Alaska is for a full leather boot. Have only wore them around the office so far to get a basic break-in and would feel comfortable using them on a long hike in the hills now. Edited to add these are size 11.
How much lighter are the Alaskans?

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry not sure on the exact weight but the boots sure feel light in the hand for an all leather boot.

OP
R

RallySquirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for taking the time to measure them for me! Those look a little taller than I was hoping for in an every day boot and you definitely saved me some time. I was really hoping those were closer to a hiker. Back to the search. Thanks again!