Hanwag boots quality?

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at the Hanwag Alaska gtx boots. Is the quality comparable to Crispi and Kenetrek boots?

I have both a pair of Kenetrek and Hanwag and Id say they are on par quality wise. Very well built. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another pair once these wear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
U

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I have both a pair of Kenetrek and Hanwag and Id say they are on par quality wise. Very well built. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another pair once these wear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to know thank you! I keep debating between the above three brands this definitely helps in making a better decision thanks.

ybeaudoin

FNG
I need to look into Hanwag, I tried a few Crispy, super confortable, but I find them not stiff enough

ybeaudoin

FNG
Good to know. I need to look into Hanwag, I have 2 pairs of Crispy, they are super confortable, but I find them not stiff enough when wearing a 70lb pack on 10+ days hunt trips.

I run the yukon and ancash. Yukons are about done after 3rd resole. I’m milking them because they are so comfortable.

if you have a really wide foot or need big toe box, ancash is second to none

ND_muley

Lil-Rokslider
I have size 15 feet and wear 14 boots. Had a couple pairs of kenetrek. I liked the 400 gram but hated the uninsulated. Gave me blisters no matter what. Switched to Lowa and was very happy until the leather stretched from side-hilling a lot and the boots lost all support. I wanted an all synthetic boot and tried Scarpa first, but just didn’t fit right. My friend has just about every brand of boot out there and he recommended I tried Hanwag and I am so glad he did. I wear the Ferrara II gtx and they are, by far, the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I only have 1 season in them, but they look and fit like new. I will probably be buying another pair as a backup in case Hanwag ever changes them. I cannot say enough good things about them. I did throw in a pair of superfeet blues in them right away.

Hanwag boots are excellent quality but it all depends on the fit. Make sure that you try them on before buying. I have a narrow foot and especially a narrow heel and Hanwags do not work for me. I wear Lowas and Crispi boots; the Lowa Tibet has an extremely stiff sole compared to the Crispi Guide model.