Hanwag Makra or Ferrata

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
I have had both. My Makra developed a leak in the toe box on my first hike. Hanwag was great about replacing them. I opted for the Ferrata. The Ferrata is a nice boot! Stiff sole and just enough flex in the ankles to keep you mobile but not so flexible that you would role an ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
The durability of them are great. As I previously stated, the leak on the Makra was a one off thing and they handled it fast and appropriately. I do not believe you will be disappointed with either. I’m not easy on my boots and they are holding up great. My wife has a pair of Makras as well and are holding up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Can't seem to find any Makra's anywhere in my size. Contacted Hanwag and they told me August...too late for me. Going to have to look at other options.

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
i just ordered a pair of Makra's in size 9.5 from BlackOvis, used the Rokslide10 discount on them. I am upgrading from a pair of Salomon Quest 4d that only made it through 2 years of moderate use hunting and hiking not everyday use before they started falling apart.

Squirrels

WKR
how do the makras fit? True to size or does one need to go up a 1/2 or whole size ?

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
According to GoHunt website they fit true to size and recommend that you buy the same size as you would wear in a nike. Depending on the nike model I wear a 9 in some and a 9.5 in others.

Squirrels

WKR
According to GoHunt website they fit true to size and recommend that you buy the same size as you would wear in a nike. Depending on the nike model I wear a 9 in some and a 9.5 in others.
Do you mind reaching out once your makra's arrive. I'm a solid 10 in a Nike and a lot of shoes but sometime a 9.5. Sounds like I should get a 10 but it would be nice to hear how they end up fitting you now knowing what your typical "Nike size" is. I think Nike tends to run a tad small.

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
FedEx says they should arrive tomorrow (friday) I will post here how they fit. My Salomon Quest boots were size 9 and felt "perfect" at first but after I got them wet and they slightly shrunk they were a little tight in the toe box when going down hill. Im hoping to avoid this by going with the 9.5

Do you mind reaching out once your makra's arrive. I'm a solid 10 in a Nike and a lot of shoes but sometime a 9.5. Sounds like I should get a 10 but it would be nice to hear how they end up fitting you now knowing what your typical "Nike size" is. I think Nike tends to run a tad small.
I can tell you I wear nike 11 and my makra 11s were my favorite boot ever. However, they are a narrow boot. Look up the go hunt review on makra. They tell you at which width of foot you should go up a size. Something like 11cm. If you don’t have super wide feet they’re true to size.

Squirrels

WKR
I can tell you I wear nike 11 and my makra 11s were my favorite boot ever. However, they are a narrow boot. Look up the go hunt review on makra. They tell you at which width of foot you should go up a size. Something like 11cm. If you don’t have super wide feet they’re true to size.
I will check that out, sounds like a 10 may be my thing. I will look into the wide thing. I have the whole narrow heel, wide pad kinda foot

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
Boots just arrived, Going with a 1/2 size bigger was a good idea. They are stiffer than the salomons as expected. I feel like I can lock my foot in better and have more ankle support with the Hanwags. Not sure yet about the insole that came with them, Im going hiking next weekend to give them a trial run.

whoop

FNG
Go-hunt listed the makra at a stiffness level 4 and the ferrata at a 5. I’ve had the Ferrata for about a month with about 40-50 miles on them. They’ve been great so far and have only become more comfortable. I didn’t go up a half size which I may regret when going down hill with a heavy pack. Backcountry had them at $286.

Go-hunt listed the makra at a stiffness level 4 and the ferrata at a 5. I’ve had the Ferrata for about a month with about 40-50 miles on them. They’ve been great so far and have only become more comfortable. I didn’t go up a half size which I may regret when going down hill with a heavy pack. Backcountry had them at $286.

go hunt rated them a flex 3. I would rate them a 4 flex.